I thought this post would be reporting on my annual Cardio visit...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneGM

...but unfortunately it got cancelled at the last minute. I was in a very bad motorcycle accident on Oct 10th (Thanksgiving weekend in Canada) and my appointment was on Tuesday after the long weekend. A lady ran a red light and broadsided me (she was charged). :mad: I don't remember a thing about the accident but witnesses I've since spoken to say I'm lucky to still be alive. I was released from hospital on Oct 19th but I still have a brace on my left arm and on my left leg so mobility and dexterity are very challenging. Needless to say, my Harley (my pride and joy pictured in my avatar) is a total write off. I'm not sure when I will be able to return to work or reschedule my annual Cardio visit (although I am sure everything about my mitral valve repair is still fine). I haven't been posting for awhile and had hoped I could have logged in to post some positive news about my Cardio visit instead on sharing this bad news with my VR friends. However, those who know me through VR know my passion for my motorcycle. I am very sad, and not sure if I'm be riding again. This experience has my wife scared :( After 30+ years of riding, this is only the second incident. The first, about 20 years ago was only a minor fender bender.

...but unfortunately it got cancelled at the last minute. I was in a very bad motorcycle accident on Oct 10th (Thanksgiving weekend in Canada) and my appointment was on Tuesday after the long weekend. A lady ran a red light and broadsided me (she was charged). :mad: I don't remember a thing about the accident but witnesses I've since spoken to say I'm lucky to still be alive. I was released from hospital on Oct 19th but I still have a brace on my left arm and on my left leg so mobility and dexterity are very challenging. Needless to say, my Harley (my pride and joy pictured in my avatar) is a total right off. I'm not sure when I will be able to return to work or reschedule my annual Cardio visit (although I am sure everything about my mitral valve repair is still fine). I haven't been posting for awhile and had hoped I could have logged in to post some positive news about my Cardio visit instead on sharing this bad news with my VR friends. However, those who know me through VR know my passion for my motorcycle. I am very sad, and not sure if I'm be riding again. This experience has my wife scared :( After 30+ years of riding, this is only the second incident. The first, about 20 years ago was only a minor fender bender.

I hate to read that you were in such a bad accident, Wayne, but I'm glad that it wasn't worse.
We can wait on word from your future cardio visit, but I hope you will keep us up-to-date on how you're recovering following this wreck.
Mary

You are very lucky. I hope you continue to recover quickly.

No matter how cautious a driver you are, and whether you ride a bike or drive an SUV, there are always idiots on the road.

Wow, what an awful thing to happen! So glad you are recovering; hope that continues well.
Take care :) .

Wayne,
I'm glad that you are otherwise OK, but sad to hear about your injuries and the Harley. It sounds like your heart issues can wait and that you are doing well there. Good to hear that. Take care of yourself.
John

Wayne, good to see you on here again, but not good at all the circumstances. So sorry about the bad accident, your injury, and the Harley being totaled. Good news is that you and your mitral valve repair survived -- do let us know how things go with your cardio visit and otherwise.

All best wishes,

I'm sorry to hear that, take care. My nephew is a fanatic about motorcycles, 38 years old. He has been in three serious accidents at the races. His wife says no more, but that is one place he doesn't do what she says. My prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Wayne,
Your cardio appt. will wait. It is good to hear that you survived. Please take care of yourself and get better really soon. I totally understand about your sadness regarding the bike. Sometimes things take hold of our hearts (mended or not) and they run through our blood. I believe that with time things will take on a better perspective and you will be riding again. Please allow yourself and your wife some time to think and enjoy life.:)

Wayne,
I am really sorry to hear about your accident. I hope things get better for you soon.

Chris

I'm very sorry to hear about this.....Thanksgiving weekend is usually the last weekend to ride bikes and boats around here. It's a real shame that some ding dong driver had to ruin it for you. More importantly, you are going to be fine, and can still take up sky-diving. ;) :)

Wayne ~~ We're just so thankful to hear you are out of the hospital and healing. Yep, accidents do happen and not always to the other guy. I share your wife's concern about you riding your Harley since my son has three of them and loves to ride. I understand the passion you guys share.

Here's hoping you're back in the saddle again..;)

Wayne, so sorry about your accident. My husband has a Harley and we love to ride but everytime he or we are on it I worry about the other drivers. My hubby is very careful but we have had people pull right out in front of us. Glad you are on the mend and again sorry about your Harley.

Oh Man, I feel for your loss, but keep in mind it's just a material item that can be replaced in all do time.
The most important thing is that your here.
Take care of that arm and leg and keep us informed when you can.

Wayne, I'm so glad you survived the wreck. I have seen far too many victims of motorcycle accidents to ever underestimate the damage that can be done. Maybe you will still get a glowing annual cardiac report but you will still be dealing with your orthopedic injuries which take time to heal. It is one instance where not being on coumadin may have made a huge difference on your survival.

Wayne,

I was always impressed by your Positive Attitude before and after your Valve Surgery.

I'm sorry about your accident but GLAD that you survived!
You have been Blessed with TWO Life Saving Events.

I hope that you can muster that same resolve to regain your Positive Outlook on Life and Living.

Keep the Faith!

'AL Capshaw'

Wayne,
Sorry to hear about your accident. I had a similar one last December, only I was in a car...can't imagine if I was on a bike! Hope you are doing better, take one day at a time.

Latest posts

Back