I need a great Cardiologist in the Chicago area:

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Rod Harry

I'm 3 months post op, for my 2nd MVR. I'm a car hauler/truck driver, working in the entire Chicago area, but my terminal is in the Aurora/Napperville area. I spend about 70% of my time in the Chicago area, and think it might be wise to have a 2nd Dr there.

I need someone who is willing to listen to what I have to say, as it is my body, and I know it very well, not someone who is going to talk down to me. Need someone who is willing to work with me in resolving any and all issues. Will consider all. Thanks.

I personally don't know much, but check the thread below out; there are plenty of people here from Chicago that I've noticed in browsing.

http://valvereplacement.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29698&highlight=northwestern

BAVD John is from Chicago and had McCarthy at Northwestern as his surgeon, maybe he would be interested in helping you. Anyways, I'm sure the more knowledgeable people will be along soon to help you out and I thought I would reassure you while you wait.

Grant

Dr. McCarthy at NorthWestern is Ross' Favorite SURGEON in the World. Ross says that NW "stole" him from Cleveland Clinic where Dr. McCarthy "brought him back from the jaws of death".

Dunno about the Cardio's in Chicago.
Where are all of our Chicago Members hiding?

HRH,

My cardiologist is in Indy, but I had my MVR surgery done at Univ. of Chicago Med Ctr., by Dr. Valuvan Jeevanandam. He's the chief of cardiac surgery there, and I'd trust any cardiologist he recommended. If you call the UCMC switchboard and ask for Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery, I'm sure someone in his office could help you. Good luck!

Marcia

P.S. You might want to have a medicalert bracelet, just in case, if you don't already.

I love my new cardio. But I didn't post him because A. He's new to me, so even though I was very impressed I have no real info yet to give him a solid rec. and B. He's in Arlington Heights - a NW burb.

So just FYI - His name is Dr. Steven Lupovitch. He'll come right up if you google his name. I was impressed with him because he really knew his "stuff" on coumadin, was fairly obvious that he has kept up on the current reports and articles on it, was totally fine with me home testing (said it would be arrogant of him to think he could do a better job since I'd been doing it myself successfully for years.) Told me not to "sweat" anything up to 5 on INR. And, by the questions he was asking me, it was also obvious that he had read my 5" high records that had only been received the afternoon before (and my appointment was 9 a.m.)

Harry, I can recommend my former cardio, if you're up in the northern suburbs. I think he moved his practice up to Highland Park, but if you look for Dr. Michael Rosenberg, I think he is among the finest cardio's in the area. Very attentive to the patient, willing to answer questions and treat the patient, not just follow a canned protocol. I think he might be up at Good Samaritan Hospital or something, but I know he's in Highland Park. When he moved up so far north, I swithced to Dr. Takhtechian (sp?) at Lutheran General Hospital. They call him "Dr. T" and he's at the Lutheran General Cardiology group. He's almost at good to work with as Dr. Rosenberg.

Hope you can connect with a good one!

I'm 3 months post op, for my 2nd MVR. I'm a car hauler/truck driver, working in the entire Chicago area, but my terminal is in the Aurora/Napperville area. I spend about 70% of my time in the Chicago area, and think it might be wise to have a 2nd Dr there.

I need someone who is willing to listen to what I have to say, as it is my body, and I know it very well, not someone who is going to talk down to me. Need someone who is willing to work with me in resolving any and all issues. Will consider all. Thanks.

I emailed your post to my sister-in-law, who works for a cardiology practice at Rush in Chicago. I often send her my echo tapes and she has one of the docs there give a second opinion. I'll let you know if she recommends someone suitable for you.

Chicago Cardiologists

Chicago Cardiologists

Harry,

Here are two Drs recommended by my sis-in-law who interacts with them and works for their practice: This number - (888) 352-RUSH should get you to the right person to get more info or to set up an appointment.

Best of luck!

Jeffrey S. Soble, MD
Jeffrey S. Soble, MD, is Associate Professor of Medicine, Chief of Cardiology Clinical Consultant Service, Associate Director, Clinical Echocardiography, and Director, Cardiology Information Services. Dr. Soble trained at the University of Chicago and is board certified in cardiology and critical care medicine. He has been on the faculty at Rush since 1991.

Dr. Soble’s research interests include noninvasive cardiovascular imaging, digital image processing and computer information systems.

Rami Doukky, MD, FACC, is Director, Nuclear Cardiology and Assistant Professor of Medicine at Rush Medical College. Dr. Doukky is a graduate of Aleppo University Medical School (Aleppo, Syria). He trained in internal medicine and cardiovascular medicine at Cook County Hospital, where he served a year as a chief medical resident and chief cardiology fellow. He joined Rush University Medical Center in September 2003. He is also on staff at John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County (formerly Cook County Hospital). His primary expertise is in the field of non-invasive cardiac imaging including echocardiography, nuclear cardiology and cardiac computed tomography.

Dr. Doukky is Board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular medicine, nuclear cardiology (CBNC), and echocardiography (NBE). His clinical interests include valvular heart disease, diastology, and risk stratification of stable and unstable coronary artery disease. Some of his current research work includes echocardiographic assessment of diastolic left ventricular function in asymptomatic African Americans and diabetics, and the assessment of myocardial perfusion using cardiac computed tomography.

Dr. Doukky is the recipient of teacher of the year award at Rush University Medical Center for two consecutive years (2004 and 2005).

Thanks for the good info.. I will look into all that was mentioned, but still hoping to find someone closer to Aurora/Napperville.

Hot Rod,

Maybe I can help. I would have responded earlier but didn't notice your post. My cardiologist is from Elgin. His office is in an adjacent building to Sherman Hospital. I'm guessing it's a 20 to 30 minute drive to Aurora/Napervillie from Sherman. He has been my cardiologist for the past 5 years or so. His name is Dr. Asim Nisar and I've been pretty happy with him. I would be willing to answer any of your questions about Dr. Nisar.

Latest posts

Back