I Know, I know........but...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many things in life aren't perfect

Many things in life aren't perfect

There is an allowable difference of .8 between my XS and the lab draw. I hope you're not feeling guilty about the way you got your XS and that you are using it without your doctor's knowledge.

Now that our local lab is sending the blood to the city, results take two days. So I ask myself what good is a comparison draw under those circumstances. The most recent comparison was 3.0 XS to 3.6 lab two days later. Why would I even consider trusting that lab? I didn't change my husband's dose because his previous results on a continuing dose of warfarin were: 2.9, 3.1, 3.0, 3.0. The second 3.0 corresponded to the lab's 3.6.

That was the greatest discrepancy in four years. All other comparison tests were within .2 of each other. Now the lab system has changed you see the result.

Trust your XS.

Stop lab testing! :D

The two times I home tested just before going to the cardiologist office the difference were .6 and .3. But instead of sending it across the street to the hospital lab, the sample was sent to a lab 400 miles away and I'd get results the next day. In the past more than once that lab or somebody would lose the sample.

Several months ago my cardiologist agreed to full home testing and dosing.

Having worked in the petrochemical industry I've seen strange results coming from our labs. Now and then to check out the lab we would send two samples of the same hydrocarbons but label the sample bombs showing caught at a different time. But some times the lab results would be different! Our specs were within parts per million.

Think of it also in terms of when you weigh yourself at home and at the doctors office. The two are almost never the same.

The same is with your results, unless you test yourself right after the labs at the doctors office, it will probally never be exact either.

As long as your in the same ball park you should be okay, but check with your doctor and show him your tester just to be safe.

I myself dont use comadin or bloodthinner, but my late husband was on it for over 10 years. He was on the heart transplant list so we had to monitor everything.

V8 has so little vit k in that you'd have to drink a gallon of it to make much of a difference on INR. One little can ain't gonna do it. Your talking to a bloody mary man that uses V8 a lot and it's not affecting mine at all. There is 0.2mcg of Vit K in 8 ounces of V8.

Not that it really matters but my USDA chart says 12.8mcg Vit K in 8 oz. of vegetable juice cocktail.

Freddie ... INR stands for “it’s never right” (direct quote to me from Al Lodwick) ... or maybe I should say it’s never the same ... if you are in range don’t worry or obsess ... if I’m between 2 and 5 I”m happy ... peace out:cool:

Not that it really matters but my USDA chart says 12.8mcg Vit K in 8 oz. of vegetable juice cocktail.

Ah, but in V8 vegetable juice, the vitamin K content is so insignificant, that it's not even listed. I thought the statement from Campbells was full of bull, but it's not.

Ah, but in V8 vegetable juice, the vitamin K content is so insignificant, that it's not even listed. I thought the statement from Campbells was full of bull, but it's not.

Umm.... I think there's a mis-intrepretation. The label lists Potassium K. Potassium's symbol on the Periodic Table is K. It's listed in the same way as Sodium Na. I think if they meant Vitamin K they would have printed it that way, as they did the other vitamins.

Campbell's has repeatedly refused to disclose the Vitamin K info citing the reason - We don't have to.

Freddie maybe you just have to come clean with the truth
BE Nice to your cardio and make the cardio melt like butter
on a hot stove im sure he or she will come through,cus this
must be stressful trying to make this cardio happy at the lab:confused:
Im sure you wont be ditched for your machine,but try coming to an
understanding this is for sure hard on you,the cardio not knowing
you have a machine of your own,is she or he aware of the phamacey
you bought your coagucheck at,i mean even Ron does inr's with the elderly
people their next to highrise,they walk over to do inr's there on machines
he uses...maybe your cardio has a patient that uses it there,wouldnt that
be surprising;)

K i don't know what else to suggest cept you gotta get it off your chest
cus your gonna get cornered doing lab and machine and the saying @
proof is your machine is always accurate.I mean look what the labs already
caused you worry cus your docs sending you to the lab again.

Im praying for you girl have a straight out talk with cardio cus you
already have the machine,get Ron to speak to this doc that may help
too,im just concerned cus this would be very stressful if it were me.
I dont even think my cardio asked me wed or in june about my inr's
subject doesnt come up less i make conversation of it and i havent
but my cardio doesnt know poop like vr about coumadin management:D
and he admits it to the truth,i wish and pray your doc comes to sences
here for your sanity,and whatever i'll be praying for some relief for you
with this.It all will turn out ....It will

Latest posts

Back