I did it!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leah

I had my aortic valve replaced Wednesday. Posting from hospital because I am bored! Chest tubes come out today & everything is going smoothly so far. I was supposed to get the on-x valve w/ the minimally invasive approach, but the on-x did not fit so my surgeon went w/ the ATS. And I did not end up getting the minimally invasive surgery, but that's ok. I'm here. The ATS is quiet. I have not heard it all yet. I was worried the ticking would drive me nuts. Thanks, everyone!

Leah

Great job Leah, glad you got over the surgery hurdle and now are on the high road to recovery. Just take it as slow as your body needs to recover. Just eat, walk, sleep and repeat til you are up and taking advantage on this new lease on life. Best Wishes To You. :)

Well, hey there! So happy to know that all went well!

It just amazes me how soon OHS patients are up and about these days! Medical technology has improved dramatically since I had my first.

Wishing you a wonderful recovery.....take it easy! :)

P.S. Just out of curiosity, since you are from Houston....where did you have your surgery done?

Thank u Rachel, Chris and Njean! Njean, I had it done at Memorial Hermann, Memorial City. Dr Gibson was my surgeon. I wanted to have it done at Methodist w/ Dr Lawrie, but I work for Hermann & they don't cover any out of network. I love Dr Gibson, though. He is a wonderful man.

Congratulations! I am one week "older" then you, did my surgery on Wednesday February 27. For me the first 2-3 days were really bad, maybe because it was the Bentall procedure. Wish you a smooth recovery.

I did it!

We knew you could do it! :)

Enjoy the view from this side of the mountain. It gets even better when those tubes come out!

Congratulations! You'll feel better once those chest tubes are out. Be sure to use that incentive spirometer as instructed. It's important to take deep breaths even though your chest hurts. I was lazy about using it and had lingering atelectasis for weeks. I felt so much better when I got those lungs fully inflated.

Thanks, Guyswell. I will do that. The therapist fussed at me for not doing it enough. I will be a good girl.

The ATS is famous for being quiet. And there are some lively threads here debating its other characteristics vs those of the On-X. One of the threads has a title like "the truth is out there". It's a fine valve. (They both are.)

Latest posts

Back