I am home!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiley2000

Hi everyone! Thank you for all your prayers and I could "feel" my VR frends in my heart ;)

I went into Hospital on the 8th and got discharged today. Long and eventful week. I can feel that I am getting stronger and more mobile every day. I had a Gastroscopy done minutes before surgery and the end result: they discovered the reason for most of my chest pains and heartburn and tummy probs: Barrets esofugitus. I was shocked and will have to take meds for the rest of my life for this. I had sudden palpitations on Wednesday and the "reveal" loop recorded did its job and marked it as 180+. Turns out to be PSVT and I had ablation for this in 2007 but obviously did not work. As a bright spark from my Cardio a Hematologist was called in after a routine bloodtest was done on my Cordisol levels and adrenal gland and it turns out, after a ACTH test was done, that I have Addison's Desease.

All this is a bit overwhelming now, but at least "better the devil you know than the one you don't"??? I'll see Hematologist again this week to find out what caused the Addisons.

Thanks once again and I'll update you. :cool:Don't worry about me. I am "tarzan's wife" and will get through this. God is great!

Take care ;)

Smiley,
You're right! You really had an eventful week. Glad to hear you are home and on your way to recovery. Continue to take it easy.

Chris

Wow that was alot ot be hit with, but the good news is, now that they figured out what was going on they can help you. I'm glad your home, How is your sternum?

I'm so sorry to hear about the Barrett's diagnosis. Stay right on those meds for that, okay?
But very glad to hear that you are home now and feeling better. Best wishes :) .

Smiley,
Sorry to read that you got hit with this unexpected news...always a shocker and never easy to hear. Yes, better the devil you know so that it can be treated. Be gentle with yourself.

Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts.

wow! you're right, busy week! but now that you what you are dealing with, you'll know how to deal with it. I remember many years ago being diagnosed with depression - it was a huge weight off my shoulders. I thought I was totally "crazy" and that they'd lock me up and throw away the key, but no! a pill a day and some cognitive therapy, and on we go ....

WOW you have been a busy gal,Glad your home and your recovery continues
well,Glad you have answers now and sorry to hear,but better to know where
you stand and great doc,s you have.All the best...GodBless

You are AMAZING!

Keep the faith. Thank you for showing us grace.

My very best wishes to you.

Marguerite

Hi Smiley!

Great to hear your home and still have that lovely smile on your face! (I just know you do) I am sorry for the negative news, but it is better to know what is going on. You will contine to feel better, now that they know what the problems are and how to treat it.

Please keep us posted regarding your recovery, or anything else for that matter! You've got a great attitude, and that as you know is more than half the battle!

Latest posts

Back