I am fuhreeeking out!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what do you mean by this? So, I'm able to just start sucking air in and out? Do I do this with my mouth or nose? Wow, those seem like stupid questions :p

Thanks for the comments...I'm a little better this morning. I Just wish they could sedate me from about midnight on Wed to 3 weeks from now! LOL

Hope you are still holding on ok. Spend this time with family and friends, go see a movie, and just kick back, this is the time to relax. What I meant by above is to fill your lungs with O2 as much as you can via any means. I had a tube in my mouth and I was able to suck air through it like a big fat straw.

:mad: I'm so very upset right now....just got a call from the clinic and my surgery has been bumped until the 17th. As if this wait wasn't hard enough, I now have to wait 1 more week. They are backlogged and can't help it and it does make me sad that there are others out their sicker than me that need the surgery more, but it totally messes with my mind! I've been stuck between sobbing uncontrollably and wanting to punch something all day :(

There was just so much work that I put into making everything was going to run smoothly between arranging daycare for my kids, home care for me, my husband taking 8 weeks off work (and now someone not getting a promotion for a bit because he's not leaving) etc,. etc., it just feel like a kick in the ass. A hard one.

Oh, and the one thing I was looking forward to, the goal that I set for myself to work towards first? I was going to try to go to that show that I wrote about in another thread that was my husband's Christmas gift that plays on the 26th. I thought I might be able to get through it 16 days post-op, but there isn't a chance I'll be able to go 9 days post-op :( I'll barely be out of the hospital.

I'm so, so upset.

Yes, this is very upsetting. My surgery was also postponed twice because of more urgent cases as well. By the time, I was rescheduled I was so ready to 'get er done'...it almost was a blessing in disguise.
Hang in there...this too shall pass.

Aye, Tabitha ... very sorry they bumped you.

My last surgery (my 3rd one) got bumped by a few days (11/08/2011 to 11/11/2011). I was rather upset at first, but quickly realized it was for the best. Someone else needed the surgery right away more than I did ... and I had a few more days before I had to face it.

And, I agree with Greg ... you WILL be asking that question. I did after my 01/06/2003 open heart surgery, and my 11/11/2011 OHS (particularly after I was taken in for a SECOND surgery 11/12/2011). BUT ... you will be amazed at how well it all works out.

Even so, I'm familiar with that frustration, too. Thoughts/prayers continuing for you....

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
* rNwJumpStartCruzNite | 5:30-10:30p; SAT, 05/12/12 | BeefVilla, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *
"Don't get me wrong" __ Billy Joel __ 'My Life'

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you have been bumped,
My 3rd OHS i was cancelled 7 times! due to either no ICU or ward beds,
Good luck for the 17th,
Love Sarah xxxx

:mad: I'm so very upset right now....just got a call from the clinic and my surgery has been bumped until the 17th. As if this wait wasn't hard enough, I now have to wait 1 more week. They are backlogged and can't help it and it does make me sad that there are others out their sicker than me that need the surgery more, but it totally messes with my mind! I've been stuck between sobbing uncontrollably and wanting to punch something all day :(

There was just so much work that I put into making everything was going to run smoothly between arranging daycare for my kids, home care for me, my husband taking 8 weeks off work (and now someone not getting a promotion for a bit because he's not leaving) etc,. etc., it just feel like a kick in the ass. A hard one.

Oh, and the one thing I was looking forward to, the goal that I set for myself to work towards first? I was going to try to go to that show that I wrote about in another thread that was my husband's Christmas gift that plays on the 26th. I thought I might be able to get through it 16 days post-op, but there isn't a chance I'll be able to go 9 days post-op :( I'll barely be out of the hospital.

I'm so, so upset.

Sorry to read of your bump back....I remember all the organizing for my house full of pets, husband's time off work, etc.
But, things happen for a reason, and this will all be over soon enough. :) Hang in there.

My first OHS was an emergency and I 'did the bumping' though I did not know it at the time. I had been in CICU for days and I was finally well enough to have the surgery so they scheduled me for the next day. I came to learn someone lost their spot because they were not as ill and I felt awful for them. When it was time for my second OHS, I was scheduled for about 3 or so weeks out and worried the whole time I'd be the one bumped this time but it didn't happen, thankfully.

As someone who 'took' the spot, I am grateful to those who suffered more anxiety and longer wait and upset of their carefully made plans. Thank you to those who gave up their scheduling so someone sicker could be helped.

There's always a reason things happen they way they do even if we don't know the reason at the time.
Hang in there..... you'll do fine.

Latest posts

Back