I am 9 Years Old Today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Today I am celebrating on 9th re-birthday.

That is what I call the anniversary of my combined aortic root and valve replacement, an amazing procedure by a great surgeon and his team. (I haven't quite convinced my family to bring out cake and candles, but oh well….:smile2: )

These have been nine great years that I would not have had on this Earth were it not for this miracle of modern medicine.

I am grateful for all my friends here, and I am grateful for life itself.

I am richly blessed.

(I haven't quite convinced my family to bring out cake and candles, but oh well….:smile2: )

Congratulations on your valve birthday. I can't convince my family, either, that I consider my valve birthday as important as my "belly button" birthday.......which I would not still be having if I had not had OHS.

I already caught you on FB, but these things just aren't the same unless they are celebrated here on VR.org where we all met and grew to become friends.
It is a pleasure to know you and celebrate with you :D

Thanks Bina and thanks so much for all the re-birthday good wishes -- you folks are the best! At first, I thought not to note the anniversary, but I got to thinking that 9 is a pretty big number (a baseball team, after all) -- and so then I went whole hog with it. Oink. Oink. Thanks for putting up with me. :biggrin2:

Last edited:
Thanks so much for all the re-birthday good wishes -- you folks are the best! At first, I thought not to note the anniversary, but I got to thinking that 9 is a pretty big number (a baseball team, after all) -- and so then I went whole hog with it. Oink. Oink. Thanks for putting up with me. :biggrin2:

Superbob!
I am late getting in, but so glad you posted this important date! Congrats on your 9 years and may you have many more years of good health and ticking with your valve.
Always appreciate your support and posts!

Congratulations Bob! I hope you get many more healthy happy years from your valve.

Thank you, Debby, appreciate that. And I gather you are doing well after your valve re-do in AZ ….somehow, I had missed out on an update… but I was keeping your situation in mind and thinking good thoughts. I hope you too will have many healthy, happy years with your new valve.:thumb up:

Steve, I confess to not totally abandoning BBQ -- which would be hard to do, since my bride is from the Tar Heel State, which boasts of the best BBQ in the world. We squealed right into Lil Pigs BBQ last Saturday after a grandkids' basketball doubleheader. Not the best venue for weight control, but I try to exercise moderation. :biggrin2:

Thanks again for each and very valversary good wish posted here.

Congrats on 9 great years! I love reading these posts :)

We do take Hannah out to a dinner of her choice - I definitely feel it's worth celebrating!!

Congratulations sir! Keep flying the friendly skies. Skip the cake and candles though - hit them up for gifts!

For my 1st valversary (which was 23 years last November) - I need to remind my kids that none of them would exist if I hadn't had that. Of course it was just two days before my regular birthday - so that's a lot of cake and ice cream!

Back