How many PILLS do you take daily?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone feel like this guy? I sure do:

41pics82664bf4.jpg

I LOVE it!!!!!!!!! I used to describe myself as a "walking pharmacy." I still feel that way, even though most of my meds are non-prescription.I'll post about them separately.

It looks like I'm the only "lucky" one who grazes through pills at many times during the day.

1st thing AM (5am, right now): Synthroid

6am: Indomethecin (an anti-inflammatory for my pericarditis)

9am: Hawthorn, milk thistle, magnesium and prevecid

2pm: Indomethecin

3pm: Hawthorn, milk thistle and vitamin C

9pm: Hawthorn, milk thistle, magnesium and prevecid

10pm: Indomethecin

Once I'm done with the Indomethecin (which I am misspelling,) I will have to figure out when I want to take my baby aspirin.

Ponygirlmom:

I tried googling but had little luck.

For what benefit do you take: Hawthorn, milk thistle, magnesium and prevecid?

Thanks.

Prilosec
Iron (prescription)
Multivitamin
Sotalol
Baby aspirin
Lasix
Potassium
Xanax
Ambien
Motrin

Greg,

I thought I was going to take the cake but now I'm not so sure...

I take a lot of pills but will be able to reduce in another month or two. Lets do the math.

Mornings

1 baby aspirin
2 glucosamine
2 saw palmetto
1 indomethacin
1 metoprolol 12.5 mg half pill
1 vitron C vitamin
1 multaq to control a-fib
1 fish oil
1 prilosec

Afternoons
1 indomethacin

Evening
1 warfarin
1 indomethacin
1 multaq
1 vitron C
1 simvastatin
1 metoprolol 12.5 mg half pill
2 glasses of wine

Mornings I take 11. Afternoons I take 1. Eves I take 6 not including the wine. Soon I hope to drop the multaq, indomethacin, metoprolol, vitron C, and prilosec. That would be 17 per day now and will be hopefully 7 per day in the near future.

I can't wait. Pill time comes too soon 3 times everyday.

Doug

Greg,

I thought I was going to take the cake but now I'm not so sure..................................................................... 6 not including the wine. Soon I hope to drop the multaq, indomethacin, metoprolol, vitron C, and prilosec. That would be 17 per day now and will be hopefully 7 per day in the near future.

I can't wait. Pill time comes too soon 3 times everyday.

Doug

bananas.gif
there'S WINE and CAKE dang I gotta take more pills and another shot
jumpforjoy.gif

Lets see I take 15 vitamins. Dont say its alot it n\reallyn has helped me. I take 3 meds Toporol XL 25, Liptorm10, and if I have a headache which I usually do 1 esgic. All this may change as I just found out I have Arteriosclerotic and Atherosclerosis. Not exactly suren what they are Maybe someone here can tell me. Think it is something bad which seems so un fair. Had OHS 1 1/2 years ago and before that hit by a car which was
a horror.

I take:

Coumadin
Lanoxin
Magnesium

all at night! I took Toprol for 9 1/2 years, but am now off..

Hi tjere
I take am...1 beta blocker/CARDICOR 2.5 mg
pm...Warfarin 4/5

what vitimans can you take with warfarin? would be good to know as here comes winter
donna

Im 26 and I take 10 pills 4 times a day plus Advair diskus inhalation twice a day

Morning:
Lasix
Carvedilol
Prilosec
Claritin

Mid Morning:
Multi-vitamin
Potassium

Afternoon:
Coumadin

Bedtime:
Topomax
Prilosec
Carvedilol

Ive been kicking around the idea of adding some supplements i.e. hawthorn, co-q-10 and some others but Im not sure I want to take any more meds. Any of you guys had good result with them? Ive read that hawthorn is good for rhythm issues as I have very symptomatic A-fib.

I am 48 and had my valve replacement on March 29, 2010.

I took only a few pills before the surgery, but what I take now is:

AM: 81mg aspirin
Metoprolol
Multaq

PM: 5mg Warfarin on Mon/Wed/Fri and 7.5mg Warfarin on Tues/Thurs/Sat/Sun (at least for now; my doc is still trying to find a combination that works all the time.)
Multaq
Metoprolol
Lipitor

I am hoping to get off the Multaq when I see my cardiologist in November. When I saw him in September he said he wanted to keep me on it a bit longer to give my heart more time to heal. I was originally put on it for A-Fib and they fixed that with a Maze/Maize/Mays (?) procedure during my OHS.
My primary doc also had me on Nexium once a day in the evening for heartburn but I have never really had an issue with heartburn. Her concern was with all the meds I am taking and she said that physical symptoms aren't always present. Anyway, my Nexium ran out and I am trying it without it for the time being. No noticable difference to me, as of yet.

So, I take less than some, more than others................that seems to be the common theme here.

Im 43 and I take :

1 Coumadin
1 Toporol
1 Baby Aspirin
1 Stool Softener (that ends this week)
2 Tylenol PMs
1 Fish Oil
1 Xanax

All this about 1 hr before bed. Trying to get rid of the Xanax and Tylenol PMs but since my surgery this is the only thing that seems to help me get a full nights sleep.

Hi ctyguy,

Do you know if the fish oil interferes with your INR. I guess you take the fish oil consistantly so any effect on INR is constant...I was told to stop my fish oill a month or so before AVR surgery, and becasue I am on warfarin for 3 months post op, I was told that fish oil can interact with warfarin, so I haven't taken any fish oil. I'm now wondering if it might be ok to take say one each night consistantly, because there are potential benefits of fish oil and whilst my cholesterol isn't bad, its not as good as it was when I was on fish oil.

I'd appreciate your thoughts please.

I am four weeks post op and I take five pills a day, sometimes nine depending on how much coumadin I have to take each day.

1 metoprolol in the a.m.
1 thyroid in the a.m.
1 Vitamin D in the a.m.
1 Magnesium in the a.m.
coumadin in the p.m. (anywhere from 3-5 pills depending on unstable INR)

This is the most pills I have ever taken in my life. Hope to get off some of them soon, especially the metoprolol.

Do we really consider vitamins or supplements Pills?

The only pill I take is Warfarin/Coumadin, the rest of the are vitamins and supplements that I was taking before the surgery. So, my post-surgical changes is just the Coumadin.

I'm 44 and I take:
morning - Avapro and Aspirin (heart)
morning - anti-anxiety Effexor and two meds for epilepsy
morning - Caltrate (for Calcium and low'ish Vit D)
evening - just anti-epilepsy tabs

Wish I didn't have to take ANY! Esp hate the epilepsy tabs, esp when I have 'breakthrough' absence seizures anyway. I'm seeing my neurologist soon to try and switch meds.

Latest posts

Back