Hospital time again. :(

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnusgal

I'm back in the hospital. But not for my heart this time. Apparently I have a blocked ureter (the tube between the kidney and the bladder). They can't figure out what's blocking it though, because the ct scan didn't show any stones. They mentioned a possibility of a blood clot, but that seems odd to me, since my INR was super high (6.1). The urologist doesn't want to go in with a scope, though, because he's afraid of me (I think). He's taking a "wait-and-see" attitude, which totally sucks. I want to just get this over with and get back home. I miss my babies. :( And I don't want to be in pain anymore.

Gee Niki, sorry to read this.

Tell them doc's you don't want to "wait-and-see" and get them to deal with your pain. You can't look after your babe's when your in pain - first things first, get rid of the pain.

I'm going to sent you special prayers tonight that your pain will be resolved quickly and soon......after all, Santa is coming.

Take Care Girl

Sorry to hear this about this Niki. I hope things get figured out and you are out of pain soon so you can get home to your little ones.
Sending prayers your way...

I suggest that you tell the Urologist to contact your Cardiologist and together hopefully they can figure out HOW to diagnose and treat your problem.

To my mind, this "Wait and See" approach is an indication that the Urologist has NO CLUE as to what to do and he is hoping it will either get better and he can release you, or get worse and present some symptoms that he MUST deal with. Good thing you have INSURANCE to pay for Laying Around Waiting to See what comes next!

'AL'

So sorry that you are going through this Niki. Really hope they get it sorted sooner rather than later.For any mother being away from your babies is absolute hell. I really feel for you and will pray that you get home soon.

I suggest that you tell the Urologist to contact your Cardiologist and together hopefully they can figure out HOW to diagnose and treat your problem.

To my mind, this "Wait and See" approach is an indication that the Urologist has NO CLUE as to what to do and he is hoping it will either get better and he can release you, or get worse and present some symptoms that he MUST deal with. Good thing you have INSURANCE to pay for Laying Around Waiting to See what comes next!

'AL'

Al, that's exactly what I think too. My cardiologist isn't on call this weekend, so they have the on call cardiologist dealing with me for now. I know that once my actual cardiologist is involved, she'll get things done. Just my luck to go in on the weekend. :p

I woke up this morning to virtually no pain (well, a little, but it's tolerable). Doubt they'll let me go, though. Apparently now my liver is out of whack? Ugh! The fun never ends.

Oh, and just as I suspected, my INR is now down to 1.0. Fortunately, the cardiologist came to me and asked what I thought she should do, since I know my body best. Finally, someone who accepts that! (my cardiologist already trusts me to manage my own)

Niki, sorry you are back in the hospital. I hope they can you sorted early this week so you can get home to those precious babies.

Kim

Just saw the urologist. I'm in much less pain this morning than yesterday, so he believes he's done the right thing. He thinks it's just an infection and wants to keep me on antibiotics, but will now switch me to oral instead of IV. In his opinion I can go home within 24 hours. However, because of the ER screw up with my INR, I may be here longer. At least tomorrow I'll be dealing with my own cardiologist and I think I can convince her that I can get myself back in range on my own.

I feel like I totally wasted my time by coming here. I could have taken antibiotics and pain killers at home. And I wouldn't have knocked myself down to an INR of 1 either. *sigh*

So sorry you are dealing with this, Niki. Good that the pain is not as bad now and you are closer to having your cardio on board to expedite things. Hope you have a pic of the two sweeties right next to you. Their little faces have to be the best medicine. All the best, Jane (the girl of boy/girl twins)

Hang in there, Niki!!!!!

Chalk it up to another learning experience. And anyway, you're a mother now -- better safe than sorry! You need to be careful and particular with your health.

Best wishes for a speedy balance in your health and a happy trip home.

Marguerite

Well, hoping that by this time tomorrow Niki, you'll be home with your precious little ones! I can only imagine your frustration of feeling much better & not being able to get out of there! Ghish, it stinks!

Keep getting better ---- you'll be home soon! :)

Thanks everyone. I feel bad that I only pop on here when something bad is going on with me. :( You're all such wonderful support. (((hugs))) Thanks!

Right now I get the impression I'll be going home tomorrow. Please pray that is what actually happens.

I did get a surprise visit from the three most special people in my life (Nathan, Kyla, and Lucas) a little bit ago. It was a big spirit booster. :D Especially when they gave me their big toothless grins as soon as they saw me. :D

Right now I get the impression I'll be going home tomorrow.

Woo hoo! Hope that happens, Niki ... thoughts/prayers en route. Sorry you had to endure this, too....

Glad your hubby and twins came to see you. :)

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
CDshowcase | Sat.Dec 19, 5p-10p.central | Thu.Dec 24, noon.central = www.WRMN1410.com
"Will I be merry or will I be blue?" ... Deborah Allen ... 'Rockin' Little Christmas'

Girl Jack those Doctors up! Tell them you want to be home with your babies this Christmas! 6.1 is rather high, seems like a blood clot would not be possible. I hate it when they say wait and see! I just started crying like a baby one time, a man can't stand to see you cry so they started moving and let me out of the hospital on Christmas Eve. I even had my doctor in tears! God Bless you and praying your pain leaves you!

Hang in there, Niki!!!!!

Chalk it up to another learning experience. And anyway, you're a mother now -- better safe than sorry! You need to be careful and particular with your health.

Best wishes for a speedy balance in your health and a happy trip home.

Marguerite
I'm with Marguerite on this one,even in spite of the INR mistake,it just means that we have to monitor and question everything they do--as usual:rolleyes:
I'm glad it sounds like you will be home soon,and I think you were wise to check everything out,sending my best-Dina

Latest posts

Back