Help!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't look at it until your positive the bleeding has stopped. Just disturbing the dressings can make it start all over again. If it's as bad as your saying, just go to the ER because your going to need it stitched up anyhow.

Ross, the cut is on my left hand and I'm right handed so I can type. As for new material no, I've just been wrapping more paper towel around it when it when I see blood. And still have it high above the heart.
Can I take a peek yet?

I'm real hesistant to say yes. I'm afraid you get started all over again looking. Your call though. If it's super deep and starts up again, just go.

Also you may want to go to an ER or Doctor because usually if you haven't had one in awhile say 5 years they will recommend a tetanus shot.

its been an hour.
Gonna take a peek and try to see how deep it really is. If it does start up again I'm gone to the MediClinic. I think I'll have another drink just in case. :)

i cut the tip of my thumb a couple of weeks ago while cleaning fish. im on warfarin at 2.7 inr and i kept pressure on it, but i was told to slow down the bleeding raise ur hand up for awhile. it stopped..

Well hello all, after waiting for 2 hours and i was still oozing quite a bit, I'm home now, after receiving 4 stitches. Told the doc that my angiogram was less painful than his freezing.....ooouuuuccchhhh. :eek:

There still a little bleeding (not sure if I should go back) and the throbbing is painful. Its been 2 1/2 hours since the stitches were done and once again I didn't think there would any more bleeding......oh well maybe tomorrow things will be better. :rolleyes:

I got home about 5:15 and then we went out for supper with some friends, which why it has taken me so long to reply.:)

Thank-you all for responding to my plea. Not that I was in a panic, I just didn't think the bleeding would last so long - which got me concerned. :confused:

I guess from now on if the bleeding hasn't stopped in 30 minutes I go an get stitches.
(((((((((hugs))))))))))) to all of you.

Gee Whiz, even my surgery stitches didn't hurt this much.
Anything else I can do or take? Extra Strength Tylenol isn't cutting the throbbing or the knife stabs :eek:
Maybe I should two Extra Strength?

Back