Help!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOOHHHHH Freddie,
I'm hoping it,s gettin a bit better with the throbbing
I know how that feels....can be worse than a tooth
hurting. Thinking about you and your fingers.:(

zipper2 (DEB)

Thanks Deb but its only the one finger.
And I'm sorry these past posts made you feel yuckie before going to work.
I hope no else felt that way.........my apologies if it did.
So Deb, reading the words "got stitches" doesn't brother you?

Fingertips are very sensitive, so even paper cuts hurt like a ...well, they hurt a lot. They also bleed a lot if your circulation is any good, and to top it off, they are a high impact area and can't be "glued". I don't take coumadin, but I have a prolonged bleeding time, so I bleed like a stuck pig every time. I've had stitches in my fingertips more times than I care to count, and only once was it my fault. One time someone threw a knife into a stainless steel sink full of soapy water; another time a surgeon in a big hurry rammed a scalpel into my thumbtip to the bone...you get the picture. I never cut myself with a scalpel, and never enough to get stitches while cooking-which I think is pretty good, considering I put myself through school by cooking.

You can always ask the doctor for a little something stronger for pain-as long as you don't drink with it.

Hope it gets better soon!

Really nice in Idaho,
-Laura

Freddie:

Hope your finger is less painful today.

About 4 years ago, I sliced off the tip of my left index finger while slicing onions.
Saw the sliced-off tip lying on the chopping board. Told John to wrap up dinner (sans the finger tip) and put it in the fridge and off we went to the hospital.

They couldn't stitch the cut together because it was an avulsion (sp?), a very wide cut, too wide to pull together.

Got an antibiotic shot, sent home after paying $100 ER co-pay.

Woke up about 3 hours later with bed soaking wet with blood.

Had to use rolls of paper towels to soak up the blood.

This was Monday night. It bled on & off until Thursday (Christmas Eve).

My family gave me a first-aid kit in my Christmas stocking.

The lesson I got from this was pressure -- lots of it -- and lots of rolls of paper towels will stop bleeding. :D

Back