Help!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I really cut myself badly. Been bleeding for 10 min. Ran the finger under cold water for 3 minutes and now and still applying pressure for 8 min. By the time you read this it will closer to 12min of applying pressure.

no family is home. I know I won't bleed to death, but this is the first time I'v cut myself and just didn't expect to bleed this long

Can you tell how deep it is? You may need a couple stitches. When I cut my fingertip with the hedgetrimmers, it bled like water and I knew it was deep. 5 stitches later....my finger is still sensitive and will be for quite a while.

using damp paper towels and I'm sitting.
To scared to look to see how deep it is.........it hurts.

i'm sure I cut it on a slant. Left hand, first finger, between the first and second knuckle

Other than putting pressure on it, there isn't much to do to stop it. Depending on how deep it is, you may need to go and get stitches. Good luck Freddie at getting it stopped soon.

Do you have some gauze bandages that you can bunch up and around it?

Oh, and hold your hand above your head, they had me do that at the ER.

okay, I'm trying to claim down.
i just took a peek to see if it had stopped.
it hasn't. Slowed down a bit, but still bleeding. Bleeding , not oozing. And I have my hand above my head. Going on 30 min.

Keep the cut above your heart, find some gauze or similiar DRY material to cover it with and keep the pressure on. It may be deep enough for stitches, but relax dear, your not going to bleed to death. Besides, you don't have my permission. Wet material will keep it from clotting.

Keep it covered and keep pressure on it, if the material soaks with blood, don't take it off, just add more material and pressure. If it still hasn't stopped after a 1/2 hour, then you might want to head for the ER.

If you can wrap a bandage around it, thick enough to absorb, not remove it for awhile and still apply pressure that may work. Every time you remove the bandage, it disturbs the cut. Just my thoughts, I'm not an expert. Hugs to Freddie.

If you can wrap a bandage around it, thick enough to absorb, not remove it for awhile and still apply pressure that may work. Every time you remove the bandage, it disturbs the cut. Just my thoughts, I'm not an expert. Hugs to Freddie.

Your right, don't look at it, just keep the covers on it until saturated, add more, don't look and keep the pressure on.

If it's hurting your applying too much pressure. How long is this cut? How deep if you could tell?

the cut seems to be right across the top..from side to side on top of the finger.To scared to see how deep it is.
Sorry for the delay I needed a drink and my computer kinda got slow

Don't want to make you type, but did you put dry material on and have you had to apply more?

Forget answering. If you have had to apply more and have done so at least 3 times, best start toward the ER. It'll probably stop before you get there, but it sounds like your going to need it stitched at the very least.

I needed a drink so I could think.
Ross your right. I've let up on the pressure and it doesn't hurt as much.
So with all this on my finger, when should I look at it? I mean I'd like to know when it has stop bleeding. Its been 50 min since it happened.

Back