Hello to all my Valve-friends

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiley2000

Hi there!

Today is my 3-year valveversary :) I am happy to report that after they fixed the sternum in Nov. 2009 I am doing great! Latest cardio check-up said that I still have mitral incompetence, but no more pulmonary hypertention and I should outlive my valve-job.

We are moving to Australia soon! Yip! in about 3 months time our 4-year working Visa's will be approved (just have to go through all the Travel Docs tests, etc. but I don't think it would be a problem). We can apply for permanent residence after 12months.

Hope you are all doing great post-op and keep your heads up: it does get better with time and you can take as long as 2 years to feel the difference, but at the end it sure is worth it!

Hugs and love,

Hi and congratulations! You've got a 3 year anniversary, AND you're moving to Australia!:smile2: It doesn't get much better than that! Thanks for letting us know how you've been, and please let us know once you're settled in Australia.

Happy 3rd Smiley! It is great to hear that you are doing great! All the best with your move. Once you are settled, pop in and let us know how you are doing!

Pleased to hear that the last checkup went OK.
You should be fine working in Australia, there have been a lot of South Africans migrate here in the last 25 years.
If you are planning on migrating permanently you may want to check if your heart issue will be a problem, it can be difficult to migrate permanently to Australia if there is a pre existing medical condition.

Latest posts

Back