Hello everybody

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dave & Pegne, welcome to this wonderful site!! Everyone is full of kindness and support.

By the way, I'm originally from the chicagoland area too....born in chicago & moved to Hampshire when I was 3 or 4. I try to visit at least once a year to keep in touch with the family (& to hone my driving skills as they don't know what "traffic" is really like out here:D :D )

Junebug

Junebug

Yes we sure do know what traffic is really like here. If anyone would have told me I would be going to the city 2 to 3 times a week by myself I'd would've told them they are nuts (I live in a small farming community, about 10,000 people). But my daughter goes to school up there and plays softball. I went to most all her games when she was home even right after my surgeries. I wasn't about to let traffic stop me from watching her in college. So a couple of times a week all spring I'm off to places I would have never gone by myself. Alright, so I love it. She's a senior now and after she graduates I'm going to write a book "Life after Softball". Boy am I going to miss it.

Just to answer a few of the questions that were asked of me before--

I live in North Riverside which is about 10 miles west of Chicago. I am having my surgery at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood (it's only a 2 mile trip from my apartment). I play baseball on the north side of the city. I manage the team and play 2nd base or outfield. I've played since I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Thanks for all the input from everybody.

pegne,

What did your daughter go to school for?
What position does she play in softball?

David

David

My daughter goes to Depaul. She wants to be a personal trainer. She plays third base and if I do say so myself she's pretty good. We've been lucky enough to follow the team around. They've been nationally ranked one the top 15 teams in the country. They went to the college world series her freshman year. It's been a lot of fun. So tell me Dave Cubs or Sox. I'm going to guess Cubs. your from the north side. I'd rather watch the Cubs lose than watch the Sox win. My husband & I have another daughter who played softball at Eastern IL so the sport has been real good to us. Especially the money aspect of it.

I guess I fooled you pegne. I only play my games on the north side of the city, I grew up in the burbs and was raised a Sox fan. As far as seeing the Cubs lose rather than the Sox win, absolutely.:)

Dave5Baseball

Dave5Baseball

Well Dave I'll still wish you a speedy recovery even if you are a Sox fan. My son is a Sox fan so it gets pretty intense around here during the season. But you have to admit one thing: the only time the sox fill their park is when they're playing the CUBS. Good luck on your upcoming surgery. I'll be praying for you

Ross Y

Ross Y

I just noticed you were at the Cleveland Clinic March 1995. That's funny, so was I. I had my 3rd heart surgery (A Ross procedure...it failed) on March 9 there. Dr. Cosgrove. I was out there until March 31 because of complications. Kind of a small world.

pegne-I too had what appears to be a Ross done by Dr. McCarthy and I too had complications, but I was there a tad bit longer. I was life flighted to CCF on the 9th of March with surgery the following morning (10th) and I ended up staying there until April 27th I believe. I'll have to check the papers again. My memory is going done the tubes. Small world in deed. ;)

Ross's Mixed Up?

Ross's Mixed Up?

Pegne..Ross. Maybe they got your Ross's mixed up:D Like sometimes when they get babies with wrong mother's:eek: Just kidding. important thing you both survived.:) :) Bonnie

All this talk about Chicago I had to jump in....

I lived and graduated highschool from Libertyville, IL. I lived in Libertyville for 4-5 years till we moved back to Houston.

Love the winter there (well, only when it snows!!). I'm a Sox fan if that matters and a Huge Bears fan (the stink this year, what happened??? injuries for sure).

You Chicago'ans need to move down here. Much easier on the body, winter wise. We also aircondition everywhere so summer isn't that bad.

Oh and you'll be used to the bad traffic....

All righty...time for me to jump in here....

CUBS, baby ;).

Sox...1919 is all I gotta say ;).

Bears...yes, but not this year

Bulls...who are they? (Well, I did know who they were in the 90s.)

Blackhawks...too bad we can't see their games on WGN or Channel 26...then again, WGN is owned by the Tribune Co (also owns the Cubs), which has said for 20+ years that they want a winning baseball team on the North side of Chicago...I have yet to see that happen....and now, my grandmother never will...well, yeah, but it won't be as much fun having her "up there".....

Fire...soccer is cool...my sis played it :).

Uhh...think that is all.........

Oh, yes...and I'm VERY opinionated.......

SSSOOOO...when are we chicagoland people gonna get together?

Peace...Always,
Cort Stevens ... pig's valve-enhanced 29/swm
AOL IM "fc72mc" ... Yahoo IM "knightfan2691"
member, Faith COB, Batavia IL http://www.faithcob.org
My Chevy MC Family & Story = http://www.aros.net/~rbuck/cort
G1=1970-1972...72
G2=1973-1977...76
G3=1978-1980...79
G4=1981-1988...81
Ga=1995-1999...uh, no
Gb=2000-2004...00 ****FOR SALE****
G5=2005-200?...05...SS, wanted w/V8 & RWD