Hello All

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross,
So glad to see your post. :) You've come a long way baby. Don't you dare give up now!! We need you!!! You mean so much to ALL of us. Just hang in there the worst is over you'll be on the road to eating your favorite dish soon. ;)
Crystal

Ross, just got back home and am so glad/happy/relieved to hear that you made it through and are on the road to recovery. Take a deep breath now, it's over! We'll all be here waiting on you when you are feeling better.

Kim

Sad for what you had to go through, but happy to hear it is behind you and hope everyday will be better than the day before. Rest, rest, rest.

Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery.:)

Ross,

It is so good to hear from you. It is always apparent that you do not really understand just how much you mean to us and what you do for us on a daily basis. Money is just money but caring is priceless.

Please take care of yourself and know that we are happy to have had such a small part in keeping you around.

Much love.

Ross, geebee has hit the nail on he head! You mean so much to all of us and you've been always there/here for us. Its now time for us to be here for YOU.

You've taken on a major fight and WON.
Take has much time as you need dear friend and don't forget we're here for you.

Many prayers and (((((hugs))))) coming your way

Ross, you're the kindest and most compassionate person I know.

Take care of yourself, rest and recuperate, and don't worry about not posting/replying to pmails etc - people will understand.
Getting better is your number one focus.

Bridgette:)

Ross, you do SOOOO much more than "just exist." Don't ever sell yourself short. Your caring presence here means SO much more than you can possibly imagine. You are loved. We need you. So you better not give up the fight any time soon. I'm so glad you were able to get this infection out of you and are on the road to recovery. God bless!

Ross,

Very glad to hear you are back home. I can't imagine what you have gone thru but you are a fighter and a winner.

Walter

Ross, it is sooooooo good to see you post. Now all you have to do is rest, slurp and start again ........

I'm trying to think of something to say that expresses how much you mean to all of us here, but I think it has already all been said. Just want to let you know that I add my vote, and thanks, to all that have gone before.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! So glad to see you back, Rossman!!!!! I haven't been on all weekend because our kennel club hosted an agility trial, so we worked, but I checked first thing this morning. I'm soooo glad you've got that over and done with. Just rest, relax, eat mush and take those antibiotics.....I love you, Rossman!!!!.

Evelyn

What troubles me the most is that I just got a real good glimpse of how things are going to be down the road and I don't want to be there. It's going to be inevitable at some point and I'm not ready for it.

Glad you made it through Gummy Bear!! :D Hopefully you are well medicated and are not feeling too much right now. Also, if the wife has to work during the day, I think you should look into a young, hot little day time nurse. Sponge baths are required when you go through something like this.

What troubles me the most is that I just got a real good glimpse of how things are going to be down the road and I don't want to be there. It's going to be inevitable at some point and I'm not ready for it.

When and if that comes you will have the grace you need then too. It is hard to imagine now but true nevertheless. For now, enjoy the popsicles, pampering, and accolades from those who truly do value your existence. It is so good to see you posting but if you need some down time it would be understood too. I am just so happy that this is behind you. I know it was not a small thing at all. Love & hugs.

It's hard to find food that I can eat right now. I have to mash things against the roof of my mouth and it's getting sore too. Maybe I'll just have to stick to liquids for a while yet. Problem is, your always hungry.

Are you eating mashed potatos and gravy?
Eat enough of those and you should fill up.

I've eaten so much of that that I'm sick of it already. Seems to be about the only thing that works right though.

Ross:

I know your frustration at not being able to eat.
When my mouth was wired together, I had to endure watching my family eat, for example, swiss steak -- while all I had to "eat" was blenderized tomato soup. I stood in front of the pantry and just bawled.
I was 120 pounds and lost about 10-15 pounds in 6 weeks. I was 17 and was about 5 foot 7 1/2 inches. I really didn't need to lose any more.
The hunger and deprivation of the taste and texture of food were unbelievable.

I like malts, so we put raw eggs in them for me -- extra fat & protein.

You may have to resort to some of the vitamin K-containing drinks for the time being and adjust your warfarin to account for the extra vitamin K. I drank things like Nutrical and Hustle (not sure if either is still on the market), and they tasted like pure crap, like iron nails.

Can you suck in spaghetti noodles with a marinara sauce? Not now, of course, but eventually, when everything clots over really well and you're on the road to healing.

Back