Hawaii here we come!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenda

Well, I just did it! :biggrin2: I booked our trip to Hawaii to see my daughter for October 1st. :smile2:I got the tickets so much cheaper by booking this far ahead. At least we'll have a place to stay when we get there and I just talked to my daughter and she is elated. She has so many plans for us. We will fly into Honolulu and she lives about 20 minutes from the airport. We will come back October 12. I won't get paid for this time off because I haven't worked in my new position long enough to build up any PTO time but they did agree when I took the job to let me off for this trip. Now to gear myself up to flying. I hate, hate to fly. I don't like anything about it so I'll be asking the doctor for something to literally knock me out. You know it's only been two months since my daughter and her husband moved to Hawaii but it's seems so much longer, although we probably talk now on the phone more than we ever did before. She misses us and we miss her terribly. I think they plan to come home for Christmas. I sure hope so. We would like to go on an Alaskan Cruise for our 50th Wedding Anniversary next year. Everyone I talk to that has gone says it is a wonderful cruise.

Watch for

Watch for

GLENDA PLEASE WATCH FOR
maverick831.jpg

IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING HE WAS SHARING A ROOM WITH ROSS ON THE LAST ValveReplacement.org ROADTRIP AND HAS BEEN MISSING EVER SINCE

:eek2:​

:cool:

:thumbup:OH AND HAVE A GREAT TRIP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Glenda,

You will love Hawaii! :thumbup:

We been twice, first time was in 05 cruised all the islands and last time in 07 rented an ocean front home for 10 days in Maui. The only thing we didn't like was the 8 hour flights from Dallas. We don't mind flying but 8 hours gets long.

We also went on an Alaskan Inside Passage Cruise for our 50th Wedding Anniversary in 06, took the family, everyone had a big time.

Have a great trip! :)

We love Hawaii. The smell of flowers are everywhere, it is wonderful! We lived there for two years when our kids were little. None of them will eat snow cones now after eating shave ice as little kids. Have fun...

We have been ther before and loved the flowers and the rain forest. It was amazing. I'm sure our daughter will have a lot planned for planned for us to see and do. I will probably have to take a mini vacation when I get back just to rest up! I would love to take our children with us on the Alaskan cruise but I really don't thnk we could afford it and they just don't have that kind of money. That's the only think I don't like is the fliying, it's such a long flight but not as long as when we went to Swizerlan, Germany and France. Coming home we had a terribly rough flight and I didn't think we would ever make it to the states and going through customs's in Chicago was a bummer! ! But I am looking forward to it. We haven't had a real vacation in about 10 years.

Get a convertible, you won't regret it. If you go to the North Shore, always buy the beads from the local homeless guy if he asks you; this is your insurance to keep your car from being broke into. THE NS is awesome, but don't expect ticker tape for tourist.

It is a must to visit Pearl Harbor to see the Mighty Mo; it is a must see.

Check on dates for the flea market at the stadium; this thing is awesome and everything is dirt cheap. The t-shirts and souvenirs cost about 1/10th of what they do in the trap shops. Buy a suitcase for $15 and fill it with Island stuff. Ship it home UPS full of goodies.

AVOID the dinner cruises at all cost. These are mostly elderly Japanese tourist, and they always complain about being seasick. You will end up eating your dinner in the waterway next to a rusty barge, on a table barley big enough to hold your beverages. The food will suck, and the show is not much better. Keep your eating to land based events.

Lastly, just get in the car and explore.

Hey Glenda,

Hope you have a WONDERFUL time. Does this mean you will NOT be in Chicagoland in October, then?

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrekRT=Aug2010 *
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Hood slidin' like Bo Duke"...Dierks Bently...'What Was I Thinking?'

Probably so, it will have to be some other time. It was just going to be way too expenisve to fly out of Chicago. My grandson had decided to not go over this time. He plans to go over for Thanksgiving. I promise when we do make it to Chicago I will look you up. My niece lives up there too. She is a doctor in the big hospital up there, can't remember the name of the hospital now.

Just ain't right. Didn't even offer me the cosmetics compartment of your lugage. I'm highly disappointed.

Boy Ross if you could fit, you would be more than welcome to go. I'm already getting apprehensive about flying. I had flying!

Probably so, it will have to be some other time. It was just going to be way too expenisve to fly out of Chicago. My grandson had decided to not go over this time. He plans to go over for Thanksgiving. I promise when we do make it to Chicago I will look you up. My niece lives up there too. She is a doctor in the big hospital up there, can't remember the name of the hospital now.

That's fine, Glenda. I understand the change of plans ... no worries. We will meet up again someday :). It'd be great to have you visit here, since I've visited you in Joplin!

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * Rt 66+northwestUS, 2011?
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"It's a freedom that we all want to know" ... Restless Heart ... 'Wheels'

Latest posts

Back