Having some pain and thought problems

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_MiG-19

Surgery pending on the 18th. I don't know what the deal is but I am dumb as dirt today and I am having mild pain on left side of chest. Is this normal. I feel frickin cross-eyed and am wary of driving... I stopped caffeine when I got my dx- that has helped big time but I am having a bad day... any insights?

Thanks John

Mod- please delete the "Guest" Post with same title.

Hi John, it's probably just your nerves at this stage of the game. Good days and bad days are common. Hang in there! My surgery is now set for February 18 as well!

camgough;n852161 said:
Hi John, it's probably just your nerves at this stage of the game. Good days and bad days are common. Hang in there! My surgery is now set for February 18 as well!

Wow!! Let's hold hands in la la land!!! What you having done?

If you are having chest pain and dizziness, you might want to call your cardiologist or their nurse. When I was at the end of waiting and my valve was on the cusp of failure, those were some of the symptoms that they wanted a phone call about. That being said, the few times I had problems I didn't call because they went away : ) however, when they took out my valve, they said it had reached the final stages.

John - The thought and focus issues I would tend to ignore. Right now your mind is trying to process an awful lot of major stuff, even when you don't realize that you're thinking about it. That's how the mind works. We can think consciously about something, then move on to another subject - but our minds continue to process remaining issues of the first topic "in the background." That's why the "old folks" used to say of a thorny decision to be made . . . "I'll have to sleep on it." They actually came to a more complete solution while their subconscious minds were at work.

As for physical symptoms, I'm with Tom. I think it is worth a call to your cardio to discuss it. Then if he/she wants to see you, you can arrange it. If doc feels it unnecessary, you will have a chance to discuss it for full understanding.

I had mashed-potato brain the month before my surgery. I wrote everything down, and even then I missed a lot. A coworker would ask me a question, and even though I *knew* I knew the answer, I couldn't process the words to get them out of my mouth! I'm a jillion times better now. I remember the left-side chest pain as well. Surely it can't hurt to give the doc a call!

Latest posts

Back