Halloween Plans, what are you doing?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went to Weight Watchers, went to the Mac store, did house works, going to take a nap, will have chicken and veggies for dinner, Cindy will listen to her football game at 7:00, and I'm trying to knock a chest cold. That's our exciting day!

Anyone else feel this way about Halloween?

Anyone else feel this way about Halloween?

Hi All! My husband and I have commented that Halloween seems to be turning into a week long deal instead of one night....;) We haven't even gone trick or treating yet and my kids have tons of candy! There was trick or trunk at school, then a Halloween party at church, they had parties at school yesterday, then our towns merchants had trick or treating. And now tonight actual Halloween. When I was a kid there was trick or treating tonight and that's it! I'm sorry...I know this is lame to complain about but just needed to vent.....thank you:D Deb

When I was a kid we lived in a suburb area with lots of young families so there was tons of door to door Trick or Treating.
Now, around here on the farms, no door to door stuff.... but the community centers, schools, and churches are very accomodating with a variety of age appropriate activities.
Little kiddie parties, all the way up to high schools with super scary, gory, haunted house stuff. If you want the crappola scared out of yourself, come on down. A few years back I almost ended up in the ER during a haunted house adventure. Don't do this stuff pre-op. Ha Ha

I have my Rocky Horror T-shirt on and taking a "jump to the left" tonight. ;)
Wanted to go to the Greenwich Village Parade...not feeling up for crowds yet......
HAPPY HALLOWEEN !

Going to my church for a Trunk or Treat with the kiddos then back home for my extra hour of sleep since its Fall Back tonight.

I forgot about the extra hour of sleep tonight! I am already looking forward to it.

We have just brought our grandson home so tonight we can just relax and hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters . We have had several families move on our street in the last couple of years so we have more kids on Halloween than we used to get.

I live in an apartment complex with very few kids, but none of them trick or treat here. Maybe they're told not to, but every year I buy candy 'just in case'. Then my DH & I wait til trick or treat hours are over to dive in:D

Nothing. Lights go out after dark because we hate Halloween. It's a dark holiday. Sorry to say this but as far as I am concerned there's nothing good about it.

Well, my husbands watching the World Series, and we had a few little trick or treaters. Funny, but we don't have nearly as many little goblins, as we used to. Next year, I think I'll have a costume party for our friends. If not, we can always dress our Pug Sandy!

I always put out a little display for the kids. I have a whole bunch of Halloween stuff that I have collected for several years. It rained a lot tonight, but my display had nice lighting thanks to my battery operated candles that lit up the fake pumpkins and spooky crystal ball. I had a candy dish that was a skull that talked and sang to the kids, and a scary looking hag sort of mask that I made into a life size person. Some of the mothers thought this was a real person, and were so sympathetic that she was standing out in the rain, until I shined the flashlight on her face. Then they laughed. It's all set up at the end of the driveway because I have a long gated walkway to the door.

I love Halloween, I always had a lot of fun when I was a kid, and the kids enjoy the little display. One nasty boy came by and scarfed all the candy in two bowls. There's always one in the crowd who does that. I was in the house at the time, and the candy was on auto-pilot. Bad move. But I had enough left to finish out the night. :)

Living in the mountains, we had only 1 trick or treater on recent Halloweens -- our granddaughter. Here in our new location, we had maybe 100 last night, I would estimate. It was fun to see the variety of costumes. I had been advised beforehand that trick or treating is big in our community, so I stocked up. Worked out well, because I gave practically all of it away and now don't "have" to eat it. :) My grandkids (dressed as Dorothy of Wizard of Oz and Spiderman, respectively) got quite a haul going around with their parents, and they sorted it out on our living room floor while I watched the Tennessee Vols black-and-orange-crush the South Carolina Gamecocks. :p

Sounds good to me Chimp Man!!! I love chocolate!! YUMMY!! :)
Really we are going to a wedding reception party on Halloween!! Dressed up if you want!! Should be different!! :)

Latest posts

Back