Had my surgery!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauratx22

I had my Mitral valve repaired via right heart thoracotomy on 01/30/2012. Still in the ICU. My surgeon Dr. Miguel Gomez said the my valve was very enlarged and that their was nothing wrong with my leaflets. My valve was enlarged due to peripartum cardiomyopathy, after I gave birth to my daughter 19 months ago and it just got worse due to the heart overworking. Gotta go order breakfast!

I had my Mitral valve repaired via right heart thoracotomy on 01/30/2012. Still in the ICU. My surgeon Dr. Miguel Gomez said the my valve was very enlarged and that their was nothing wrong with my leaflets. My valve was enlarged due to peripartum cardiomyopathy, after I gave birth to my daughter 19 months ago and it just got worse due to the heart overworking. Gotta go order breakfast!

BRAVO BRAVO as Cooker said walk, rest, eat, and walk some more and carry your pillow EVERYWHERE

Wonderful! Marvelous!
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Eat, sleep, walk, breathe! Lather, rinse, repeat.

DON'T sneeze.

How on EARTH are you able to text/type when you're in ICU??? I could hardly open my eyes, let alone get my brain to function! Well done! Congrats!

Thank you! I do feel like I've been hit by a bus! I fought the breathing tubes and hated the chest tubes but I'm home now with 20 pounds of water weight still on.......So glad I am in this community of wonderful people. Thank you for all the support!

way to go Superwoman...now tell us the secret on how you deflect bullets with your wrist bands - haha...Congrats and continued speedy recovery.

Is this a contest on who can get home fastest? 2 days ago you were in ICU and now you are… home?

May your recovery continue smoothely.

way to go Superwoman...now tell us the secret on how you deflect bullets with your wrist bands - haha...Congrats and continued speedy recovery.

I have relatives on here? Well - besides Superbob of course.

OP - congrats! Wishing you a speedy and event free recovery.

Back