Had my surgery!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home and posting four days after surgery -- impressive! That must mean that things went very well in recovery. Keep getting better and enjoy your walks around your neighborhood.

No, I had the usual two days in ICU and two days in the regular hospital room. As soon as I had the repair, I was feeling VERY lonely/depressed so it made me feel better that this community is out here and that other people had the same path I did. It's a way to make me feel better.

Love Laura

Superman, I always wanted to be Green Lantern, Flash and Hulk, so I was recently in the lab and incorporated all three..what a specimen, I even included some Spidey senses to my new persona - haha...

I was just given the okay to drive at 3 weeks post-op (Wed., 02/08)! Pending the meds that I continue to use ;-) Been staying busy by working remotely since 1 week post-op...Hard sitting still and being restricted, isn't it?!

Ok boys & girls. How common is it to have 20 lbs added after this lovey experience --- and how fast does it go way. OMG

3daYS to go. Nancy. 2/9. AVR. ST LOUIS MO

Ok boys & girls. How common is it to have 20 lbs added after this lovey experience --- and how fast does it go way. OMG

When I first woke up and got on the scale I was a good 17 - 20 lbs heavier than when I came in. All fluid. Within two or three months, I lost all that plus another 20 lbs. I was a thin 203 lbs at 6' 4.5" tall six months out (about 10 more lbs). 30 lbs or so, and I'll be back there again!

ETA: I should add that when I had this done at 17-18 years old - I lost 20 lbs the week I was in the hospital. Different metabolism and different IV fluid guidelines back then. I was only 173 and close to the same height when I left the hospital at that time.

Nancy, I was just 5 oz heavier leaving the hospital after my OHS than I was going in. So you can see it can vary a great deal from one person to the next. Best of luck to you on the 9th.

I gained either 17 or 18 pounds during my second OHS surgery from all the water they use.
My fingers and hands were so puffed I couldn't believe they were mine.

I was up 15 pounds or so when I was weighed when they moved me into my regular room, but I lost all of that weight by the time I left the hospital three days later. That diuretic they gave me was very effective, and I got to take a lot of walks to the bathroom when they finally removed the catheter.

Latest posts

Back