Guess what didn't kill me....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orangebrittainy

I just wanted to post that slowly things are getting better. I am noticing overall progress and even though I am still struggling emotionally I can actually look at my chest now and not feel depressed about it. My motion range is getting better and I can actually keep my son home with me now.

Now for the moment you all are waiting for..........

I am very proud of myself. I shaved my armpits, with a real razor and Didn't bleed to death :eek2: I know total shocker. But it feels good Its another step closer to feeling human.

Hip, hip, hooray!!! You've gotta feel better after that!!!! :)

Little by little.....it will all come back!

Now on to the legs...... :)

Ha shows what you know, I can go all winter without shaving my legs. I will probably try it though Saturday night or Sunday morning. I have worn pants to church two weeks in a row now. I think its time to try getting back to some of my normals. IF I won't wear half of my shirts because they show my scar, I can at least get back to wearing my skirts

Ha shows what you know, I can go all winter without shaving my legs. I will probably try it though Saturday night or Sunday morning. I have worn pants to church two weeks in a row now. I think its time to try getting back to some of my normals. IF I won't wear half of my shirts because they show my scar, I can at least get back to wearing my skirts

GROSS...How can you stand it? I could not wait to get out of ICU so I could shave my legs. Within one hour of being out on the regular floor, I had that razor in my hand and had my husband helping me shave my legs in my hospital bed! And don't you dare worry about hiding that scar girl, wear it with pride!!!

You may find that, if you let your scar peek out a bit, you'll have people coming up to you to show you THEIR scars. You may find that you're not alone as an OHS survivor, and you may even make some new friends with similar experiences.

In HS, we went through several periods where we had no electricity therefore no hot water while living in Ohio during the winter. Shaving became my last priority, especially since a lot of my baths were heated up on the gas stove, and it got cold quickly. My legs were never a priority I wore pants all the time, so no one but me knew. Now that I am adult, they still aren't much of a priority I mostly shave for my husband.

As for the scar, I am not yet really comfortable with it. I go to bed fully covered now, even though my husband looks at it every night. It makes me a little uncomfortable, but I understand why he is doing it. I may go back to those shirts eventually (because they really aren't that low cut) but right now I am just not emotionally ready for it. Its taken me this long to be able to look down and not be shocked by what I see.

GROSS...How can you stand it? I could not wait to get out of ICU so I could shave my legs. Within one hour of being out on the regular floor, I had that razor in my hand and had my husband helping me shave my legs in my hospital bed! And don't you dare worry about hiding that scar girl, wear it with pride!!!

I can't even sleep if I feel the prickly sensation of my unshaven legs!!!! Gives me the heebeegeebeez! Ha, ha!!!! :)

In the beginning I found my scar ugly and I couldn't look at it or even wash it properly.
But within a few weeks anybody who came by got the "lift up my top and flash my scar". My poor husband sat quietly every time I flashed someone, he was at a loss as to how to deal with all of the post surgery stuff.

Like Bina, I'm strangly exhibitionistic about my scar. I show it to everyone. It starts at the top of my cleavage and goes up 3 inches so no flashing is required!

Wear your scar proudly!!!

Congrats! Glad you are healing and feeling better.. and I agree with the other ladies, I've embraced my scar and I rarely even think about it.. I think that comes over time though, different for everyone.. :) Glad your son is back home with you!

Latest posts

Back