Great Cardio appt, going back to work!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WandaW

Hey all, just had to share my good news with you since you so patiently and helpfully walked me through the past month and a half. I met with my Cardio, 1st time since he diagnosed me Feb 12. I was floated among the group for my Atrial Flutter since he was booked. It was wonderful to see him, have him review my progress and write me a script to go back to work on June 1. My boss left me a voice mail and mentioned working with me to accomodate my needs. This is alittle anxiety producing. , I am an Occupational Therapist, but Supervisor in Rehab Dept. I haven't lifted 100lbs in years and I won't do it now,I leave that to the PTs. We OTs perform alot of therapy before a patient can ambulate and transfer. I will find out all that next week. My checkbook needs to go back to work. I have to do a post surgical Echo this week and finish Cardiac Rehab, I will be scheduled to see him NEXT year, unless I have a problem, but he said it all looks good. Needless to say I felt amazing., Then I headed to the Ortho and recieved a Cortizone shot in both knees since I have to delay replacements until next year. I could not have done this last 6 weeks so well without this forum, Thanks for all the support and listening to my whining and anxiety.

Sounds Good to me Wanda!

Glad to hear that your recovery is progressing on schedule.

Best Wishes for your return to work.

'AL Capshaw'

Who knew that a cortisone shot in each knee would raise my heart rate for about 24 hours? I guess my heart is still alittle irritated. I was quiet today, ortho said no cardiac rehab till friday so the corisone could sit in my knees for longer. I am getting excited about going to work and alittle worried about keeping up, or looking like I am keeping up,
probably just performance anxiety. Thanks for all the encouragement, it helps more than I can say.

Who knew that a cortisone shot in each knee would raise my heart rate for about 24 hours? I guess my heart is still alittle irritated. I was quiet today, ortho said no cardiac rehab till friday so the corisone could sit in my knees for longer. I am getting excited about going to work and alittle worried about keeping up, or looking like I am keeping up,
probably just performance anxiety. Thanks for all the encouragement, it helps more than I can say.

Us guys know all about that ;) (sorry I couldn't resist)

I have had epidural cortisone shots in my back and had the same reaction with my heart rate. You'll do fine when you get back to work. Just don't overdo it and ask for help at first if you need it. Your co-workers know you are coming back from major heart surgery, and since they are also in the medical profession they will understand that you might need a little help at first...at least I hope they do. It's a big deal going back to work after heart surgery and not working for several months. I am sure you will do great once you get back into the flow of your job, plus working will keep your mind occupied (pun intended). :)

Thanks for the support and the positive thoughts, You all have become very important to me during this incredible journey.

Back