Good Holter Results

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffM

Had a 24 hour Holter on 1/5 and heard today that the results were excellent. I'm supposed to switch from Warfarin to 325 mg of aspirin. Hoping I can get off the beta blocker in 5 weeks at my next cardio appointment. Just happy to get off another med and hoping I can stay in that mode until the next AVR in _______ yrs.

congratulations,great way to start off a new year.:)

zipper2 (DEB)

When switching to Aspirin, you may want to ask your Doctor about using "enteric" (coated) aspirin which is easier on your stomach and less like to cause / irritate ulcers.

'AL Capshaw'

Good news about the Holter results and the move to aspirin therapy.
I'll be interested to see if you get off the beta-blocker because Dr. Summers told me it is standard therapy to protect the aorta after AVR--but maybe only because I have slight dilation?

Thanks everyone. Yeah, happy new year indeed. Al, will do the coated asprirn as I have mild GERD anyway. Debby, I expect to have to negotiate with her on the BB. My position will be ... let me stop it for some agreed period and let's see how my body responds. My next appt w/be 5 mths since surgery, so hopefully she won't consider it an unsafe move at that point. My aorta is slightly dilated as well (4.0cm). I'll let you know.

Latest posts

Back