Going to be an Olympic Volunteer

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffy41

Just wanted to share with my online family that I'm going to be an Olympic volunteer. I have my uniform and am counting down the days. My valveaversary is Jan 22, last year at this time I knew I was accepted as a volunteer so picturing this year, and the event helped get me through the first months of recovery.
I can't believe it has already been a year :)

Congratulations on both accounts there Buffy.

But I must say I'm jealous. I signed up to be a volunteer 2 years ago and never got called :( But my son will be attending the Olympics events during the second week.

My brother who lives in downtown Vancouver was kind enough to offer his condo to us for $500.00 a night :eek: No thanks......thanks for nothing bro. My son found a place for $400.00 for the week.

Hope you have a blast.

Cheers!

Freddie,
I work for Rona and was lucky enough to get picked to be 1 of 100 employees able to volunteer and still get our regular salary from work. Unfortunately my position at the olympics won't be one where I can see any of the events, and I don't have any tickets to see any either. I live an hours drive(in regular traffic) from Vancouver so alot of my day will spent getting to and home from my venue. Still I've very excited. Too bad you didn't get the opportunity :(

How cool ! lucky you, and getting to the rehearsal for the opening ceremonies beforehand means you'll have been there, done that by the time the rest of us get a chance to see it.

What a wonderful hought to have kept in your mind as you went through your surgery.

Latest posts

Back