First post on this side of the Mountain

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chele

6 days post op Yeah !! Just a small udpate as i am still a bit fuzzy headed from meds !!

For all you pre-ops It was seriosly not bad at all I had to receive some blood so kept the breathing tube a little longer than i hoped It was a quite an annoyance not being able to talk.

When first waking up after surgery I thought they did wrong surgery as my front did not hurt, Back and neck esp between shoulders was pretty achy.

My pain when they asked 6 times a day never went above a 5 and i am not a person with high pain tolerance !!!

So short summaery, not as bad as your mind can make it seem as you wait !!

And where is the complaint dept ? Cause i still havent got cookies !! Someone said theres cookies on this side !!

Michele

Glad to see you on this side! My back also hurt more than my chest (until I sneezed-dont do that!lol). I had the breathing tube in when I woke and
it wasnt my best memory.Everyday will keep getting alittle better.I dont know where they keep the cookies? I didnt get any either!

Ask for morphine cookies, if you still can. I had darvocet cookies for several weeks after surgery, they were delicious. There will be many aches and pains lasting for quite some time. I'm still fuzzy headed years after surgery. And I still like cookies.

Ask for morphine cookies, if you still can. I had darvocet cookies for several weeks after surgery, they were delicious. There will be many aches and pains lasting for quite some time. I'm still fuzzy headed years after surgery. And I still like cookies.

Oh Jim, your funny.

If I could, I would send cookies. But since I live in Canada custom laws won't allow it. Now if it's Maple syrup, that can be done since it's manufactured.

Michele, it is great to hear that you are doing well. I had a similar thing happen. My chest didn't hurt much but there was that spot under my left shoulder blade which bothered me for a week or so. It will go away. About those cookies, you may have to bake them yourself. Just take it easy and don't use the really big mixing bowl. Good to see you back, Michele.

Larry

There were no cookies for me either, just really yucky yellow and green jello! But seriously, it's great to hear that you came through it so well. And I agree with others here about the aches and pains. I'm six and a half months post-surgery, and as some things heal, other things hurt. But it's really not that bad, and I'm active and happy and people who don't know me are shocked to learn that I had OHS so recently.

Nope, no cookies. But my hubby brought me bran muffins so that I could take that all important first dump without crying. LOL
My incision did not hurt, but my shoulder and ribcage hurt for a long time. I just took regular Tylenol for a few days.
Rest, you earned it. :)

Cookies

Cookies

Glad you're doing well. Yet another success story for all those in the waiting room! About the cookies... I'm convinced Ross steals them all... See if you can get the nurses to give you a big red heart-shaped pillow - that makes Ross jealous!

Thanks !! Unfortunately did not get red heart pillow, got blue egg shaped pillow with travel handle... Kinda looks like a purse lol

Michele,

So good to hear, you've arrived at "The other side of the mountain"!
Take care and keep us updated

And where is the complaint dept ? Cause i still havent got cookies !! Someone said theres cookies on this side !!

Michele

Of course we have cookies. All you have to do is
cometothedarkside.jpg
:D

So glad to hear that you are on the other side & on your way to recovery! I know that things will get easier over time, so be patient & take things easy! :)

Stay well!

Latest posts

Back