Fifth Valversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewValveNY

It has been five full years after my valve replacement, and I smile with shared joy as I read other members' valversary postings! Aside from the usual caution I need to take to prevent bruising from coumadin, I live an active and full life. I think all of us at some level have been changed since our surgeries. I would like for people with upcoming or recent surgeries to know that with patience and time recovery can indeed happen, and that while you may have a "new normal" for a while, you can learn to work through that "new normal" as time goes on.
All the best to everyone at ValveReplacement.Org! I wish all good health and full lives!
Allan
Huntington, NY
St.Jude Mechanical Valve,
St. Francis Hospital, NY

Hi, Allan, it is nice to read your post. I think our new members cannot hear too often that their lives can be normal again. This morning I looked closely at my two year old scar and remembered wondering if I would ever look in the mirror and not see it. Well, most of the time, I don't see it anymore because it is now part of me. This "new normal" is a wonderful change and a hell of a lot better than the old normal. Best Wishes on your anniversary.

Larry

Bina and Jim, Thank you for your wishes. Larry, you are absolutely right! Better to have a new normal than something more difficult to live with. Bob, I hope I can be of some encouragement for others. All the best to you all...!

Very well put. Congrats on your anniversary. I'm 3 years on sunday. Still have some challenges, but am happy for every day :) Your correct you just get use to the new norm.

Back