eye lashes and coumadin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herb M

On a medical site I read that coumadin causes people to lose their eye lashes. I have had that experience. Anyne else?

Give me a minute I'll check.........
you may be on to something. My eye lashes seem to be thinner, but I have also notice the lack of hair on my legs.

That's one I've never heard of.

However, a number of conditions can cause loss of eyelashes. I have problems with blepheritis, which can cause loss of eyelashes.

I've had blepheritis also, and pollen seasons particularly bother my eyes, so that when I rub them of course the eyelashes can become damaged. My opthamologist says to take a soft cloth with warm water to gently wipe the eyelids.

I haven't lost all my lashes but they do seem to be thinner and not as healthy and strong. I don't have as much hair on my head or underarms and hardly any left on my legs. I blame everything that happens to me on warfarin/coumadin or lanoxin but I don't have proof. Just put together what I have read or heard and it kind of all seems that way. It seems that I see qute of few of the same syptoms on here.

Still got plenty eye lashes that I have to trim but no longer have under arm hair... I'm sure it's due to that nasty warfarin!:D

But for some reason that nasty stuff hasn't effected the hair on my head, other than it's taken the black out of it. :D

But for some reason that nasty stuff hasn't effected the hair on my head, other than it's taken the black out of it. :D

Please tell me it's not true. I've been wondering why I have some silver strands showing up here and there. :(

I don't take warfarin but I have taken a chemo drug called Gleevec for over six years and it has called my hair to be thinner, my eyelashes to fall out (at times.) I have no hair on my body at all. I guess you could call that a good thing. I never have to shave my legs or underarms. I'm wonderimg what else the drug is doing to me that I don't know about, but oh well, it's keeping my leukemia in remission and that's the important thing. I can do without a little hair! !:):)

Latest posts

Back