Ever wonder if it's all in your head?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know exactly what you mean. we are not as far down the road as you with surgery looming so close, but andrew will go through phases where he'll have symptoms and i wonder if i should be a crazy mom and keep calling the doc or just wait it out and observe. a few years ago we had just had a check w/ echo and then a couple weeks later he started having lots of s.o.b., chest pain when he was active, like running, biking etc. --- totally freaked me out. i called and talked to the doc every time it happened. he assured me that he had just seem andrew and everything looked great, but could not provide an answer to the issue. finally he decided to we should schedule an echo to check andrew's pulmonary arteries and wouldn't you know it, that very day was the last time andrew had that complaint! arrrrggghhhh! i cancelled the echo and he has never since complained of those symptoms! yes, i know exactly what you mean when you say are you noticing symptoms because he is having them vs seeing thingsbecause you know they are symptoms. hugs * prayers

I think it must be a common struggle, Samantha. And probably especially when the responsibility for someone else's care falls on our shoulders. Especially as mothers. I recall going through some issues like this when and after my younger son suffered a freak accident and a brain injury many years ago. I felt like I was constantly walking a tightrope and balancing everything but while a lot of ones who could have been helping me were jiggling the rope :rolleyes: . Take care and find happiness in the knowledge that you're doing the best that you can do with as much love and good intentions as is possible :) .

And Traveler, I'd noticed you rejoined. I wondered if you rejoined for a similar reason as I did. My numbers are getting worse too. I appreciated how you worded your comment. I agree with you also that prayer does help. Best wishes :) .

OMG!!!!!:eek: I just bought a Wii and set it up... but .... I think that the total at the register almost gave me an MI... my goodness.. a Wii for four boys.. that's the system plus three additional controllers plus three additional nunchucks... and they had a special so I had to get the charging station with rechargeable batteries (since I see battery hell in the future) and they had to get one extra game.... I did get 10% off the accessories.. and the total was STILL $436.00..... I'm pretty sure I blacked out for a second while my jaw went slack because the cashier just kept looking at me like... you can pay anytime now lady....
So the getting Sammy active saga begins... and tomorrow (grasping my chest) my husband wants me to get the Wii fit. I believe that money is the root of all heart conditions... my goodness.

---BTW, we have been waiting on surgery because we were hoping he would get big enough that he wouldn't have to have a surgery early and in his teens- but they already told me that isn't going to happen.... and with as symptomatic as he is I can't see any benefit in waiting any longer. You know, I am starting to think that internet research isn't the best thing for me... I got to read a scary article that said that when the BAV patient started showing symptoms that it was a count down of 2-4 years to death (this can't be right mind you... cuz Sammy has been symptomatic since 2006) But its articles like that that make patients (or their parents) insane!

So how has everyone been enjoying the WII? I don't know if you were serious about WII fit but today (jan2) QVC has a good bundle with the wii fit and another excercise training type game and accessaries. You can go to qvc.com and look under todays special

Justin has the WII fit, I don't do video games, but I do play with that, I was surpirsed at what a work out you can get.

Everyone loves the Wii! I am very happy I got it. I felt a bad for Sammy though. He was only playing the boxing game for a short time before he started have chest pain. He didn't want to stop playing, but I had him walk around the house and sit down for a while. He bounced right back up to play, but he said he didn't think he should do the boxing abain, so he did the bowling. :( It made me a little sad. :) But at least he can have fun with some of the other features... right?
I called to let the office know what happened- I just wanted it noted in his chart. The nurse kept telling me she didn't think it was his heart. I'm not sure how she knew that over the phone- it was left sided- it did go away after resting- he was sore when I pressed on his chest looking for muscular pain...He was pale and he didn't like how he felt. There wasn't a specific "spot" that hurt, just an "area". See- now I feel crazy again.

I'm glad you are all enjoying it, sorry that Sammy had to stop Boxing I hope you get answers,
So have you made a little You figure and played? i stink, boxing is one of the ones that wear me out, but heck I'm 50 and out of shape, I keep meaning to actually do the program, but only do it a couple days then forget. I think I personally burn the most callries laughing at how bad I am, even the easy things like the step aerobics, I have trouble with right and left

LOL--- Yeah, did my Wii age.... I'm 42 in Wii years (I'm actually 37) My poor son Sammy was 88 in Wii years:eek: and his guy was a little wrinkly....My 11 year old came up as 36 Wii years:p and my husband won't tell me his Wii age. My kids made my Mii... and when I was playing tennis I hit the crowd and made them all jump and scream--- now THAT made me laugh!

LOL--- Yeah, did my Wii age.... I'm 42 in Wii years (I'm actually 37) My poor son Sammy was 88 in Wii years:eek: and his guy was a little wrinkly....My 11 year old came up as 36 Wii years:p and my husband won't tell me his Wii age. My kids made my Mii... and when I was playing tennis I hit the crowd and made them all jump and scream--- now THAT made me laugh!

Justin made my Mii, I told him I am much better looking than that lol, i didn't do tennis I'll have to try that, I just get hit in th e head alot withcleats in soccer and not very good hoola hooper
I like that everyone can play and we get to laugh together

For me, I have been pregnant for 2 years and just had a baby 4 weeks ago. So when they told me of my heart problem, I didn't know and still don't know if I am having symptoms, or if it's just things related to being pregnant and now having a baby! The symptoms are the same!!! :(

Latest posts

Back