Eleven years today 7-29

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich

It has been eleven years today since my AVR, and my St. Jude is doing great.
Tommorow we celebrate our 47th wedding anniversary.
Rich

Congratulations on both anniversaries. What on earth were you thinking when you scheduled valve surgery on that date.:confused: ;) Was that so you could always remember your wedding anniversary?;) :D Sorry - couldn't resist.:eek:

Hope today and tomorrow are great and you make many good memories.

Bina,
The valve surgery was a piece of cake, the other one was and is the real challenge.;)
And if my wife sees this I may never have another anniversary of any kind.:eek:
If that should happen please send donations to the dumb and dumber husbands foundation.
Gina,
I didn't plan it that way, I came down with a cold and my surgery was delayed a few months. Some guys will do just about anything to get out of these celebrations.:D
Actually this reminded me of the other ongoing thread regarding valve choice.
Back then as you and others probably remember, there wasn't much we could find out about all this. Our research indicated I had about a 50/50 chance of survival. Of course that info was outdated, but it was all we could find.
I'm not the romantic type(as my wife could attest to), but this time I wrote her a long letter, got an anniversary card, ordered a dozen roses, and had the florist deliver the whole package on our anniversary, which of course was the day after my surgery.
Darned if I didn't wake up that afternoon and there she was.
Seriously I still love her very much, couldn't make it without her.
Rich

Congratulations on both your anniversaries, Rich. Each passing year helps ease the anxiety about our conditions, doesn't it? I'm finding that with each anniversary, I just don't think about my "bionic" body part that much. :D Take care, friend.

Congratulations to you and your wife on both anniversaries and best wishes for many more!

Thanks to all for the good wishes,
Sherry you are right, it doesn't even cross my mind except on days like this.

Tony it's good to hear from you, hope all is well.

Ross I have the itch, just nothing to scratch.:rolleyes:

Rich

RICH!!!!!!!!

So good to "see" you again :). Hope all is well....

And, of course, CONGRATULATIONS on BOTH anniversaries.....

*pauses*

Eh hem ... I sure hope you celebrated appropriately ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"It goes so fast" ... Jodee Messina ... 'Was That My Life?'

Hi, Rich!

Congratulations on both anniversaries, and may you have many more!

I can't yet comment with any experience on the surgery, but the long-term marriage is a work of art. Far more work than they ever told us it would be, but as far as I'm concerned, it is very well worth it.

congratulations, Rich. You have gotten a lot more time to enjoy all those celebrations, births and teaching those grands all that good stuff that you know. Have many more celebrations.

Thanks again everyone,

Steve it was good to hear from you, havn't seen you around here much lately, but then with everything going on in my life right now, I havn't been around too much myself.

Cort are you coming for the dream cruise this year? I am having cataract surgery in a few weeks, don't know what kind of shape I will be in.

Jodie with a compliment like that can I say I think I love you?
Actually when my daughter took that picture we made sure it wasn't a close up.:eek: A little closer shot would put a lot more miles on this old man.:eek:

Ann we are doing our best with our grandchildren, but at this age it's getting a little tougher. Our oldest one is 25 and the youngest is only 4 months. When we get that one along with her 3 year old brother, it's a challenge.

Rich

Latest posts

Back