Dsouter's Surgery on April 13th

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ottagal

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Dugald,

Wishing you all the very best with your upcoming surgery this Friday as well as a smooth and bump free recovery (let's say 2nd time is the charm).

We will look forward to an update.

Thanks Guys!
I went for pre-op on Monday but unfortunately I was called today and bumped until April 13th!
Have to cancel EI, tell work, try and get pay started again ASAP and stress out for another month!
Yay!

Oh well, the extra month means I can save up more and maybe do Short Term Disability rather than EI.

Cheers!

Sorry to hear that you got bumped to April 13th!

As most of us will attest, the waiting is the hardest part.

Try and enjoy this beautiful weather while you can.

P.S. I will try and keep Bina's promise of homemade cookies, but I can't guarantee anything :)

dsouter, you will be in my prayers for a successful surgery & recovery! And I'm also curious to know as to WHY you're having another surgery? Did your valve wear out? Was it not sufficient in the first place? Sorry, I missed the post if you stated that before. Anyway, everything happens for a reason, so you're having to wait a bit longer is ok. Don't worry! :) ~Karen14

What a total drag getting bumped for another month......but things happen for a reason.
Like now OG can do more baking and stock up her freezer. LOL ;)
I have added the new April date to the public calendar.

Last edited:
dsouter, you will be in my prayers for a successful surgery & recovery! And I'm also curious to know as to WHY you're having another surgery? Did your valve wear out? Was it not sufficient in the first place? Sorry, I missed the post if you stated that before. Anyway, everything happens for a reason, so you're having to wait a bit longer is ok. Don't worry! :) ~Karen14

My homograph is worn out. Calcified and regurgitating. My surgeon thinks that he may be able to replace just the valve rather then the root as well.
Won't find out until I wake up though.

My valve did very good service for 9 almost 10 years before starting to fail. No restrictions at all and I felt 100%.
Once it started to go though, it was quite noticeable and I am quite restricted in what I can and cannot do now.

THANK YOU Dugald for the information! All very interesting. Homograft's aren't as common these days are they? Well at least I haven't heard of them occuring that much...lol. Well anyway, I pray for your success and speedy recovery! ~Karen
P.S. Hope you'll keep us posted as to how you're doing. :) .

Last edited:
Good luck, whenever they get around to it, just hold onto the idea that there is a reason the only universe knows, but why may be unknown to humans. I agree with you that the waiting is very difficult. I had to wait much longer than I thought I would to get in to see a cardiologist after calling for an appointment. Once seen however, and fortunately, they admitted me right away, I was that bad off. The fact they are rescheduling you can possibly be seen as reassuring, as in they do not think your situation is dire at the moment. (Yeah, I know, am looking hard to find a silver lining in cloud!)

Last edited:
Well so far it has been a blessing in disguise. I am the healthiest of those waiting.
I worked out more details with HR that will potentially let me take 14 weeks off work and pay me just as much as if I took the 8 I was scheduled off for initially.
I was able to make a Regional meeting of IPSC Club reps of Ontario, all expenses paid. Well worth the trip.
More and more little things pop up to make me happier about the delay.

Latest posts

Back