doing kettlebell

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolinemc

Has anyone had any experience with kettlebell? I am considering gettin one this winter and would like to know if anyone here has done it. It looks like a great way of cardio workout. I would not get one too heavy. Thanks.

Has anyone had any experience with kettlebell? I am considering gettin one this winter and would like to know if anyone here has done it. It looks like a great way of cardio workout. I would not get one too heavy. Thanks.

I believe Kettleball is a way to improve strength, not cardio/vascular. Strength is important as it allows you more ease of movement. Cardio usually involves moving quickly and for an extended period of time. Using the big muscles of your body, legs and buttocks, creates more demand for blood that will get the heart pumping, than using arms or other parts of the body.

Anything you do to use your body physical will help get you fit.

George

They really are fun tools that open up workout opportunities since, as George points out, you can use them for strength, but with a light enough version, you can do major movements with big muscle groups in a way that'll sustain some cardio, too. Certainly, it's not a cardio workout like swimming or running, but sets of squats or overhead presses with a kettlebell will get the heart rate up in a great way. There are lots of YouTube videos of exercise routines that can really help with functional strength and fitness.

I did see the ads on tv and it is also cardio-vascular due to the fact you have to move your body with the kettle bell. The ads are of the kettle worx. I will try it this winter to do exercise with the cold. I just can't walk in the freezing cold. I will get okay from doctor before starting anything new. That is the safe way for anyone here. When you want to do a new exercise, talk to you doctor. Thanks for the support, no pun intended. We have to look out for each other. Have a great week. Later.:D

Latest posts

Back