Does anyone take Vitamins and what kind?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terodac

I have been taking liquid B12 and chewable C 500mgs. I have had a lot more engery but they have had to adjust my INR dosing to 7.5 three days a week and 10mg all other days. I was taking 10mg a day before, not sure that it was the reason are just my old body getting use to these meds? any thoughts to vitamins?

Merry Christmas to Everyone!

I'm never sure about whether to take various vitamins, but time and again my favorite doctors have all recommended that I take "a good, daily multi-vitamin."

I've been trying to do that, though I sometimes forget for months at a time. I'm 48 so I began taking Centrum Silver (for people over 50) a few weeks ago and I truly think I feel better, though nothing specific. Just overall.

My cardiologist has had me on Centrum Silver since my surgery, one of the reasons being that it has a lower % of vitamin K than the other versions of Centrum.

Mark

Like so many other things, consistency is probably the key. If you take a viamain on a regular basis, you should be able to adjust your warfarin to keep a reasonably stable;)INR.

I took a generic type Centrum Silver with vit K for 20 of the past 25 years with a relatively stable, sometimes unstable INR on +/- 52.5 mg/wk Warfarin. Five years ago, my cardio suggested I switch to a non-vit K vitamin. I switched to Kroger "One Daily Essential" with zero vit K. about 5 years ago. My Warfarin decreased to 35mg/wk and my INR has become very stable.

I don't think there is anything magic about the Kroger brand, but I do believe the -0- vit K and using only one brand (with one formula) has helped me......and I know the daily multivitamin makes me feel better:cool:.

I take walmart multi-vitamin that has 25 mcg vit k and a vit k tablet - 100 mcg. (used to take a multi with 90 mcg vit. k but can't get it anymore). I intentionally sought the higher vit. k since it helped me get and stay stable.

I take One-a-Day for Women, fish oil, a small iron pill and 400 mg Magnesium Oxide. My INR is stable.

Consistency in supplements and diet helps the stability of your INR.

Hmmm...my list:

Centrum
Iron
Magnesium

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"It's the right time to rock the night away" ... Bobby Helms ... 'Jingle Bell Rock'

If you get into the fish oils, your INR will rise and require another adjustment. ;)

Eat the fish and spit out the oil:D:p ... I take a multi vitamin every day; doc says take the same one every day and it's fine ... also said it is a waste of money if you eat right ... I don't:p

i take a multi-vitamin everyday. i have one that is a cholesterol formula and made sure that it has no vitamin k in it. as i still bounce around a little with my inr. it is just easier for me to take one without vitamin k so that i can better regulate how much vitamin k i get through diet. when i get my pills ready for the week i make sure to put my vitamins in that way i don't forget to take them.

Latest posts

Back