Do we have any walkers?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently, I ran into the woman I walked with after we first moved here--25 years ago! We've both moved, but are still within a few miles of each other. We've gotten together twice since then to walk, and are going to make it a weekly (maybe twice weekly) get-together.
It's good for me, because she walks real fast.

knightfan2691,

I agree about walking making one feel better.

I feel sure that daily walking helps keep my blood pressure down.

Back before I retired I jogged everyday after work. I could come home with a stress headache and soon after I hit the jogging track the headache was gone.

Funny how that works, isn't it? :)

I can't wait until spring comes in full force so I can walk more. That should make me feel much better ... at least, I hope so....

Hey Dyna, I just read your thread about your surgery. You are so very fortunate! Glad to hear everything went so well.

So you didn't like the tube. I didn't either, especially the part about the tube going in once while I was conscience. That time I was on it for 5 days.

Three days after surgery and doing 6 minutes at 1 MPH. And being able to go up and down stairs... that's outstanding but hope you don't over do it.

Hope everything continues to go well for you.

Walking, The ONLY thing I could do for quite some time post-surgery. I started by walking real short distances 3 times a day. Each day picked up the distance. After being healthy and active for my entire life, it was an eye opener to have trouble with even making it up a moderate hill!!!!
My dog would just look at me and wonder what was going on? (I was an avid runner)

Walking kept me sane, no doubt. Little by little I felt better and better.

I am back to running etc now, but I know walking is a better exercise overall.

I went through some fitness training recently (CrossFit). One of the big things the instructor impressed on me was that your body will get use to doing the same thing every day, and that increasing speed, or just changing up the routine is better for you. IE walking shorter distance faster, intervals, walking backwards, sideways, hills..... any kind of variances.

Latest posts

Back