Disgusting scumbags!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dogs have never been outside unattended.They get the same attention and care as I gave to my daughter.
My father has German Shepherds, which is not exactly a breed that most people would approach and try to steal.....still, the fence gates are padlocked, and the house has an alarm system.
Steal my stuff. Just don't touch my pets. :)

Chips are a great idea, but they don't alarm and they sure don't keep these kind of people from snatching your pet.

Several years ago, a friend's cats were stolen from inside her home on the West Coast. This included a 1-week-old litter of kittens and their mother. Her home was not burglarized or broken into. No carriers were taken. (Two cats were scared by the commotion and hid in a cabinet escaping the intruders.)
All but 3 cats (unfortunately, including one of the kittens) were found here and there, and were returned to her within about 1 week.
Of course, no one was ever arrested. She suspected a former pet sitter.
All her cats are now microchipped. However, that only expedites the return, does not prevent theft or their abuse by others.

Exactly, Marsha.

You can take all the precautions in the world, but if someone is hell bent on stealing something from you, they'll do it.

Well now it looks like I stired the pot.

No I do not have a pet, but have had.

All I'm saying is that if your pet is stolen, using the chip, then you have a chance to retreive, and catch the perp.

Like some of the others I couldn't bring myself to open the link. I can just imagine what it is and I can't stand to see any animal regardless what it is to be abused. I was raised by my grandmother and one time I saw her whip a work horse and I cried for weeks over that. I would have gladly taken the whipping for the horse. My grandmother had such a mean way about her. I was terrified of her.

T-Bone what chips are you talking about? Are there any news ones I don't know about? A GPS tracking chip has only a 5 mile radius so won't do much good and in any case you probably won't get to your pet fast enough before harm is done. A microchip is implanted with the owner's info so in case it is lost a humane societe or vet can read this chip to trace it back to you. Not much help either if your pet is dognapped and being hurt. Unfortunately you can only do so much to keep them safe. I am very glad the poor dog survived! Poor baby, poor pit-bulls :(

There are many ways to help. I encourage those of you here who wish to make the world better for animals to find a place in all this that suits you. Blanche

You are so right. Every time I go to Petsmart I add that $1 to the total for local animal shelters. The annual charity campaign came around work last fall, I agreed to a payroll deduction for the SPCA, 90% of the donation goes to the animals. I see homeless with their dogs standing on the street corner. I'm sure it's to get people's sympathy. One of these days I just might buy a bag of dog food and give it to the homeless but I won't give him/her any cash. There are a lot of agencies that help the homeless so they shouldn't be out panhandling on the street corners. Just my opinion, not trying to stir a debate here.

You are so right. Every time I go to Petsmart I add that $1 to the total for local animal shelters. The annual charity campaign came around work last fall, I agreed to a payroll deduction for the SPCA, 90% of the donation goes to the animals. I see homeless with their dogs standing on the street corner. I'm sure it's to get people's sympathy. One of these days I just might buy a bag of dog food and give it to the homeless but I won't give him/her any cash. There are a lot of agencies that help the homeless so they shouldn't be out panhandling on the street corners. Just my opinion, not trying to stir a debate here.

One day I did just that! I saw this homeless man standing at the stop sign panhandling & his poor skinny little dog laying beside him.

I went to the nearest dollar store & bought a bag of food for his dog & a bag of chips & a coke for him. He was very thankful & I've seen him several times after but he no longer has his little dog. :( Been tempted to ask him about him.

There was a guy near my office several years ago who panhandled with his dog. I gave him a small bag of dogfood every week. I figured if he was hungry enough, he could share with the dog.

Happens a lot around chicago, pets disappearing from yards. My 4 scottys are always watched when they are outside. Pet owners that leave their dogs outside unattended around here are just asking for it. So sad.

My Scottie was stolen out of our yard when i lived in Indiana as a kid,
never did find him or who did it. He was such a sweet dog I just hope
he was well treated.

The problem is the laws for animal cruelty are not strict enough,sorry
but how crazy is it that you go to jail for marijuana possesion,and only
get a fine for torturing an innocent defenseless creature.
Okay...I guess I tipped my hand here,philosophically anyway;)

Just read this online in the NZ Herald,

Dog arrest
New 5:00AM Sunday Apr 19, 2009

A 25-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the mauling of an elderly dog by two pit bulls on Monday.

Wellington SPCA spokeswoman Lisa Snow said police arrested the man for theft of a dog and further charges under the Animal Welfare Act were likely.

A 14-year-old ridgeback cross was attacked by the pit bulls at Shelly Bay after he was stolen from his Titahi Bay home.

A dog involved in the attack had been seized.

So that's a bit of good news anyway.

Bridgette

Just read this online in the NZ Herald,

Dog arrest
New 5:00AM Sunday Apr 19, 2009

A 25-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the mauling of an elderly dog by two pit bulls on Monday.

Wellington SPCA spokeswoman Lisa Snow said police arrested the man for theft of a dog and further charges under the Animal Welfare Act were likely.

A 14-year-old ridgeback cross was attacked by the pit bulls at Shelly Bay after he was stolen from his Titahi Bay home.

A dog involved in the attack had been seized.

So that's a bit of good news anyway.

Bridgette
Yes its better than several years back,the system is beginng to prioritize
these crimes more rationally..thats my opinion anyhow.

Latest posts

Back