Debbie's pic's

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbie

Hey everyone, I have a picture of my chest scar and one of my groin incision. Had my surgery almost 4 weeks ago. My chest scar is 9 inches long and the groin is 3 inches. They had to go in through my groin to put me on the heart lung machine, and I think that one is going to take longer to heal. I'm still bloated about 8 pounds, hope it goes away soon. I think the surgeon did a great job on the scar, the top part you can barely see, I'm happy with it. I'll post another pic. in a few months to see the changes. Also, you can't really see my first scar from 1962 but that one is 16 inches long and goes across my chest right underneith my bra line. Anyone else brave enough to post???? Debbie :)

Just wouldn't be right to have view a picture of Debbie without a reply from her favorite racefan. Didn't even need a sip of patron for this one:p
A 4" slice is all they needed to fit a 31mm valve and ascending aorta graft. Simply amazing!!!
Wife was worried I was going to show my scar down below. Told her not to worry, that adventure would probably get me banned from the site:)

Mike

Your scar looks great! Welcome to the club! Sorry I didn't get the orange shirt from Philip sent to you~I'm just starting to feel better the last few days but still not driving much so getting to the post office just wasn't happening. I love the shirt you wore though. Hey, I'm wondering if the California sun isn't helping your scar~it looks a lot lighter than mine! Can't wait to see you next week when I visit sunny California!

pic's

pic's

Hey Mike, I love that shirt it's even better than mine! Thanks for posting your scar photo for everyone. O.K. everyone else, there are alot of you out there that have'nt posted your pic's, lets see them!! :) Debbie

O.K. This photo was taken 8 days after my surgery (no tawdry shirt). The balloons were bought by my hubby for my return home!

I hope this works. I always have trouble uploading.

Debbie, Mike, and Adrienne:

Welcome to the noble order of TOOTS and of the zipper chest flashing club. Those are all great photos. I consider my scar to be something to be proud of, and I?m sticking with that story.

Debbie said:
O.K. everyone else, there are alot of you out there that have'nt posted your pic's, lets see them!! :) Debbie

OK....I'll play. I don't have a tawdry shirt but I have a tawdry vest and just as tawdry "Canuck" hat. :D ;) However, I don't have a pic just after my surgery so consider this my "almost" 2nd anniversary pic. Better later than never.

All the extra scars were from the Pericardial Tamponade surgery. The little "dot" scars are from the when they tried to drain the fluid with the "turkey blaster" needle.

As you can see, they're not exactly fading in. Just as well...I consider them badges of honour. ;)

Thanks Jim...and for the encouragement Bina. Usually up for a dare but the wife said she'll play doctor on me and it won't be pretty:eek:
I'll say that it is just above the little heart cath scar and it's about 1 3/4".
It's where they went in to take an iliac graft for my ascending aorta. Never did find out why they didn't use a dacron conduit. Hope it's not some new experiment they just came up with.

Wayne

Wayne

What a dedicated member - you have vr.com running in the background of your picture.

Love the hat and you have enough trade marks to play tic-tac-toe:D

Love your smile

Cheers

wayne

wayne

Hey Wayne, great picture!! I love it, I also did notice VR on your computer in the backround, I love it. Debbie :)

Look at new pic

Look at new pic

Hey-- just posting so I can bring up this pic from
last year. Check out my 1 year pic.
Debbie :)

Latest posts

Back