Deana here

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deana,

The cross is beautiful. What a wonderful idea to take vintage jewelry and turn it into a beautiful cross. I wish you lived nearby, so I could take advantage of your artistry.
I wish you continued good wishes on your recovery. You seem to be doing great!:)

Mary,
Thankyou, I enjoy making them. Now, I'm trying to figure out which machine to buy. There is quite a stir on the anti-coag site!!
xxooDeana

denobobeno said:
Mary,
Thankyou, I enjoy making them. Now, I'm trying to figure out which machine to buy. There is quite a stir on the anti-coag site!!
xxooDeana

Deana,
If you look at the bottom of this page, in faint print you will see ARCHIVE.
Click on that, then look at the list it brings up. You will see Home Anticoagulation Monitoring as a choice, click on that and it will give you two full pages of topics to choose from to read.
I hope it helps you formulate an opinion on what you need for your circumstances.
Good Luck!
Mary

Deana - love love love love love my INRatio meter. It's my 2nd home tester. I had the ProTime before. The INRatio is really idiot-proof compared to the ProTime where you have to drop a few drops of blood into a little tiny cup and then put it into the strip in the machine.

I think the hubbub over machines was more insurance related than anything else. I think those of us that home test are so happy to do so, we aren't about to argue over who has the better machine.

denobobeno said:
Perkicar,
Hi, they are now checking it MWF. I'm on 8 mg and at a perfect 2.7. I'm feeling more like my old self now and hope to start PT next week. I'm ready to start if they don't hurry I may go crazy!!
Everything is under control now I hope. I hope all is well with everyone else.
xxooDeana
Deana could you please post your exact schedule of what you take everyday and then how often your tested and if they are changing doses with each test? It looks to be they are still far from doing things properly and I want to make sure.

Ross said:
Deana could you please post your exact schedule of what you take everyday and then how often your tested and if they are changing doses with each test? It looks to be they are still far from doing things properly and I want to make sure.

I'm so happy you are back Ross, i was thinking the testing was too much /too often, but thought i said enough on this thread :)
I'm glad you are back for other reasons too, you had us all worried, lyn

Oh, Ross is right. I didn't catch the MWF. Good thing our fearless leader is back.

All I can say to you two is:
hug1.gif

I'm back

I'm back

Sorry Ross and others,
I rode with my husband and son to move our son into his dorm in Fort Worth. They were afraid for me to make the journey...but, I thought..I'll be in Fort Worth and back at Harris if anything was to go wrong! Better than my hometown Hospital..
I'm glad I went, wouldn't have missed it for anything!

I am on 8mg a day. Last time they checked me I was at 2.7, on Monday. They haven't checked me again, she tried to come by but I was first out of town, then this morning my mom was in the hospital having a heart cath done so I was gone again.
I was hoping to have it checked before the weekend because I'm still nervous about eating salad and I had a glass of wine with dinner the other night when we stayed with my friends.
I'm going to start trying to get a INRatio machine I guess..per Karlynn and some others. Any reservations Ross? Your the boss it sounds like. :D
xxooDeana

Eat your salad and have your glass of wine. It's not going to make that much of a difference if any at all. You'd have to really piggishly indulge in either item to change your INR any. Sounds like someone is misinforming you about what you can and cannot do on Coumadin. Read up on Al Lodwicks site. Stuff yourself with info and you'll know B.S. when you here it.

I'm using the INRatio too, so nope, no reservations from me.

Deana those crosses are absolutely gorgeous...
I would really love to hear/see more about them...as in how big are they are they mounted in a frame or what?...I have a monster collection of jewellry bits'n'pieces and would love to have a go at making some myself too...any chance if a bigger piccy?
By the way...these guys are great at getting your inr sorted...youre lucky to be able to buy your own machine, you will do well.

Glad you're back!

Glad you're back!

Hi Deanna,

I have been away from this site for a couple of weeks, but I did read about your stroke before. I was shocked to hear it and shocked that they let you out of the office with your INR so low. I'm am so glad to hear that you are doing better and that you are well taken care of! Please make sure that they stay on top of your situatin! You have a wonderful spirit and I know that you'll get the whole INR situation in check.

As far as the leaking goes, please keep us updated on that situation. I got an On-X mechanical valve ,but I don't have my first echo until November. I really hope that it goes well.

Hugs :p

Latest posts

Back