day 3 post op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maisiejane

This won't make much sense so I apologise I am day 3 and they say I am doing really well, but I have lost a lot of my cognitive skills, also m vision is playing tricks on me, thank goodness for predicted text. Probably a little unfair for me to pass judgement so at the this stage I will just say hi and will check back and in later
Deb xxx

First off all I am SOOO glad to hear you really did have surgery and werent bumoed at the last min. I'm glad they say you are doing well. This close to surgery I would imagine you still have so many meds in your system that it is causing most of your problems, hopefully as they get you off most of the meds and the other ones get out of your system, you see improvements every day. But if you have concerns about anything be sire to let them know. It might even be something as simple as you need your meds played around with. Some people do better on some drugs than others.

BTW your pot makes more sense han most of mine do even after I reread them and fix things :)

Happy to hear you are doing well. I know my day 3 was not a good one and hosptial staff told me day 3 is usually the worst for some reason. They were right and next day I felt much better and they sent me home.

This won't make much sense so I apologise I am day 3 and they say I am doing really well, but I have lost a lot of my cognitive skills, also m vision is playing tricks on me,
Lovely to see you here Deb ! Isn't it awful when they say you're doing really well when you don't necessarily feel it ! It's like they are not acknowledging or seeing how you are feeling - I suppose they are judging it on how they've seen others do, plus being positive too :) I found my vision played awful tricks on me too. I was told that was due to tiny bubbles of air that get there when you are on the heart lung machine - they seem to stay in circulation for an awful long time. Could also be some of the medications they are giving you.

I do hope you feel less strange soon,
Anne
xxx

Welcome back Deb. Glad to hear that you were not bumped. Now just concentrate on getting stronger. Those meds they give us sometimes really knock for a loop. Drink as much water as you can tolerate so you can flush them out sooner. Hope you see you posting again real soon. God Bless :)

Welcome back Deb!

Don't worry too much about the cognitive difficulties this soon after surgery. I look back at some of the emails and posts I sent in the days immediately after my surgery and I can only laugh. It is a good thing my friends mostly knew what I was trying to say.

Most, if not all, of that stuff seems to fade into the distant past without our conscious knowledge of it. I was pretty well back to full focus once I went back to work at about 6 weeks. We're all different, but it will improve.

Thank goodness you weren't bumped again! I think that many delays would have affected my cognitive skills no matter how the surgery went. I'm a week out surgery (all is well) and am using the backspace key twice as much as any other.

Best wishes for continued good recovery!

Welcome back, Deb! Glad to know that all went well with your surgery and that you are on your way to recovery. Healing takes time, so just take it easy....it won't be long before you start feeling stronger....you'll see. :)

Take care!

Hi Deb,
As a former lurker on the forum, I'd been reading your posts with interest and although I don't have any concrete advice to give you, I do want to wish you well and hope those symptoms disappear quickly!

Good luck! My vision problems got better quickly and the difference between day 3 and day 5,6,7 ... etc. was amazing.

Sorry I am late in replying, Deb! So glad you are on the recuperation side. Wishing nothing but a smooth and uneventful one! All the very best.

Latest posts

Back