Dawn-Marie Blanchette -- 4/28/1951 - 2/22/2013

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njean

Premium Level
Supporting Member
It is with a sad heart that I inform you that my friend, Dawn-Marie, passed away peacefully in her sleep on Friday, February 22, 2013.

For the last year and a half, she had been in a nursing home in Gowanda, NY and had been in and out of the hospital for different ailments. She never did get to the stage of having her aortic valve replaced, although at the end, that is not what she died of.

For the last 8 or 9 months, she had been battling a horrible infection from a very deep wound that penetrated all the way to her pelvic bone and had become sepsis. The harsh antibiotics took their toll on her poor, tired, paralyzed little body and she could fight no more. Through it all though, she was a trooper.... so brave and accepting of everything that came her way.

I'm so glad that God placed her in my path and I will miss her. But I also give thanks to God for calling her home. I know she suffers no more...her struggles here on earth are finished and she now lies in the arms of her Maker.

If you would like to view her obituary, please visit this site: http://falconerfuneralhome.net and click on her obit. As of today it was still there. You may even light a candle for her if you wish.

In her memorial I wrote: "Even though hundreds of miles separated us and we never had the opportunity to meet in person, I know that the love, warmth and compassion I felt for this lovely, spiritual person, was real. I will miss our frequent phone calls to talk about life, our childhoods, our pets, our families, the foods we loved, the TV shows, we watched. Dawn had the purest of hearts and found beauty in all that surrounded her....she was the true example of what God would like all of us to be. I will miss you much my friend. Rest in Peace."

Sincere condolences to all who knew and loved Dawn. She was a bright presence on the forum, and always made me realize how insignificant most of my own health problems were.
You were a good friend to her, Norma, and I thank you for letting us know that she is at peace.

Latest posts

Back