Date Set!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enudely

The date for AVR #2 is now set for Dec. 10th. Pre-op Dec 8th. The surgeon is a really nice guy and seems competent. He does 75-100 valve replacements a year and he said most of them are aortic. He said with a "re-do" he does everything himself except the final stitching, which he assured me will look good.
I am trying not to have too much anxiety and trying not to think about it too much. I have a one year old and a four year old so it's going to be really tough. My in-laws are flying up for 2 weeks and my husband will be off on winter break for 3 weeks. After that, friends are standing by. The "what-if's" are kind of freaking me out! My best bet is to get my mind off of it.

Enudely,
It isn't possible to go through this without some anxiety but it sounds like you have lots of help lined up and things should go fine for you. The wait really is the hardest for most of us and once you actually have the surgery it'll be all about healing and getting your strength back to be hale and hearty for your beautiful children.

You know we are here for you to heolp with the anxiety, questions, and to just 'listen' if that is what you wish. Only those who have walked the walk truly understand.

Wishing you the very best.

I have marked date on the calendar so that we all can be with you cheering you home to the little ones

The date for AVR #2 is now set for Dec. 10th. Pre-op Dec 8th. The surgeon is a really nice guy and seems competent. He does 75-100 valve replacements a year and he said most of them are aortic. He said with a "re-do" he does everything himself except the final stitching, which he assured me will look good.
I am trying not to have too much anxiety and trying not to think about it too much. I have a one year old and a four year old so it's going to be really tough. My in-laws are flying up for 2 weeks and my husband will be off on winter break for 3 weeks. After that, friends are standing by. The "what-if's" are kind of freaking me out! My best bet is to get my mind off of it.

I glad you are here. For me, the anxiety of the 2nd surgery is not any easier than the first. It is different, but not easier. This site really helps, so make sure you use it. As much as I thought I had everything lined up in my head, it still helps to talk with people who have been through it, even though we have.

Scott

Getting the date is always a big happening -- congrats! Sounds like you have a good, experienced surgeon, and also have good plans for family and friends help during initial recovery. With little ones, that will be very important. Your ability to lift even kitchen items will be restricted at first. So call on that help as much as you can.

I would imagine the thought of your little ones will give youplenty of reason to fight even harder during the healing process. While I can only imagine that they bring more worries and anxiety.... hopefully the joy that I am sure they give you will bring more smiles to your face. And god knows smiles are very precious during these anxiety-filled times.

I hope having a date set has eased some stress... I know it did for our family.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! May you and your family have a wonderful thanksgiving!

Latest posts

Back