cycle

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doberman

When I first learned that I needed surgery a few years backI found this site. The thing that I found most inspiring was that some many people had come through their surgery and had gone on to do the things in this forum, running weight lifting etc. I was astounded... Well inspired by all the good people here at VR.com I achieved 2 goals this year..
entered a cross country cycling race, finished 107th out of 150 not good! but I finished... next year I am going to beat that mark and then some!
also cycled 117 km. the other day in about 4 1/2 hours.., my goal was to reach 100 km so that is done... next goal the 100 mile mark!
best wishes to all, stay fit and stay happy..

you have come a long way in these few years. congratulations on your successes. We know there will be more to come. our cyclists and runners along with all the other exercise categories has been growing by leaps and bounds and there are a few of you who started that ball rolling. thanks. blessins.........

Congratulations! And good luck on your century ride. Here is another web site that has many cardiac patients (not just valvers) but all are athletes:
cardiacathletes.org.

I think setting goals are about the most important things we can do. If we don't have something to shoot for then we just plod along. One of my goals for next year is to get in more biking and swimming time and I would like to do a century ride in 2010. Now that I wrote it down, I've pretty much commited myself. I'd also like to get back to doing some shorter distance triathlons, but I'll have to give that some extra thought.

Latest posts

Back