Could you keep Andrew in your prayers?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynlw

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi, I'm sure some of you remember Wendy and her son Andrew (he is about Justin's age 20?)He was born with complex CHD and had a few surgeries and valve replacements. Then in 2007 he got BE and went thru a terrible time with it, numerous weeks in ICU, surgeries, dialysis, skin grafts ect http://www.valvereplacement.org/for...eeded-for-Andrew-Collison&highlight=Andrew+BE
He has been doing "ok", not wonderful but pretty good considerring. but still has problems. Now they are once again talking about a heart transplant. He will be having a cath this Friday to decide if it is time to list him for a heart. As you can imagine it is going to be a tough week. Could you please keep Andrew and his family in your prayers? I know Wendy and Andrew would appreciate it. She gave me permission to ask for prayers and share his carepage info it is at www.carepages.com and his page name is AndrewJosephspage

He's really in a tought spot and can use all the thoughts and prayers he can get. Certainly has mine.

Lyn,

Yep .. I remember. Thoughts/prayers en route to Andrew (and Wendy)....

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrekRT=Aug2010 *
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Finding out the hard way what freedom means" ... Baillie and the Boys ... 'Wilder Days'

Andrews Cath was today, here is the latest update.

Andrew's done with his cath
Posted 2 minutes ago
Well we got an update around 12:15 telling us Andrew was almost done and he was fine but he had two runs of tachycardia the second one of which they needed to shock him out. Since this occured they are moving him to the ICU instead of sending him back to the floor.

Ironically since we are leaving the floor they are moving Colton up and he is getting our bed. It's kind of funny. We are still waiting for them to move Andrew to his new room and then we can see him.

We talked to Dr Wax and Andrew's function has deteriorated since his last cath in 2004.It is looking like a transplant is a quite feasible option.But there are alot more things to do and people to talk to.

Thanks for all your prayers. I am so grateful Andrew came through this. I kind of "knew" that he would have arrythmia issues so I am glad they were able to get him out of it. Also I was relieved to know Dr Tsao was in there making sure all that needs to be done was.

Can't wait to see Andrew in his room.

hugs and prayers,
Wendy

I can't wait to see Andrew HOME. I know that's a long way off and it's got to be a killer on everyone involved.

NEWEST UPDATE ABOUT 11PM EAST

Andrew will be staying here for a couple weeks at least. His pulmunary pressures are too high and he was started on Milronone with hopes that we can lower it.

Tomorrow he will see a pulmonologist and his Dr is going to consult some adult heart failure/transplant doctors for further insight on things to try. Most importantly he is suppose to get a pic line in so they can remove his annoying IV in his neck. A real pain in the neck!

He is patiently waiting for some soup to eat as besides one popsicle he hasn't eaten since late last night. He's just been to miserable to think about eating. The nurse brought it in so I'm going to help him with it.

Please keep praying for Andrew. Pray that his night is not too miserable and that he can endure this and that his pick line will be first one done! Thanks!

Wendy

I will be praying for Andrew. What tough things for a young man to be facing. I pray that his night is better and for the days, months and years to follow to be the optimum in quality.

I am very sorry for what Andrew and his family are going through. I will certainly keep him and everyone involved in my prayers...top of my list for the foreseable future. ((((HUGS)))) x

Lyn, Thank you for starting this thread. I remember too. You moms and your kids are always in my prayers, but I will give Andrew and Wendy special attention. Brian

Latest update. Andrew has had a pretty tough week
Lyn

i will have to share hard news with Andrew today
Posted 4 hours ago
Last evening I was talking quite a bit with Dr Gambetta as I was getting conflicting news about the TEE. They did decide that we would watch to see if it happens again before doing more tests. At ths point it is not worth the risk to do the TEE as they would not do anything at this time if they did find anything.
Basicly they would like to list him as 1A on the transplant list. He is having some other necessary blood work done today and then as soon as he gives the word I guess they will list him. Unfortunately he will not be able to wait at home or the RMH. I feel like one of his worst fears has come to pass. I remember when we came in the first time he worried that when they said he needed to stay on the milrinone that he would be stuck here indefinately. And that pretty much is where he is.
Then there are the financial worries. At some point Andrew will lose the help he has been getting from the DSCC.They do not cover transplant expences. We thankfully have insurance but there are high co pays and things that are of concern. He has not been approved for transplant yet but they have approved the antibody blood test that is required pre- transplant. He did apply for social security disability so pray for quick approval for that. I feel a little bit like I am trusting God to save my soul (and my son's) but I can't trust Him to give me a burger. So yes God can meet these needs and obviously if this is in his plan he has the answer and the means to provide it. It's just scary so I
could use extra prayers on that.
So this is where we are this morning. I'm not looking forward to telling him this and wonder how long it wil take. Of course nobody knows but God Himself and I suppose He will use this to teach all of us many things. I pray we will all be good and trusting students. Because after all he was good enough to die for us and He was powerful enough to ressurect Himself and He cares and loves us so much. He will get us though this as well.
heart hugs and prayers,
Wendy

Latest posts

Back