Could Use Some Help Understanding a Screening

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjune1961

Hi,I have not posted in many a moon,I always just read the posts.I would like to ask if anyone could shed some light on the results I received from a screening I had done a couple of weeks ago.It says that I have minimal intimal thickening is seen.Partially calcified plaque is seen at the left carotid bulb.Is this a major concern,or should just have a talk with my cardiologist to see what to do to fix this.Thanks for any information.I cannot see my cardiologist until a few weeks.I had an AVR done in December,2006 with a St. Jude 21 mm.Carla.

I'm not sure what the terms means, but anything that is called "minimal" can't be of much concern. I hope you will post after you see the cardio. I'm interested in what plaque at the left carotid bulk refers to. In the meantime, try not to dwell on it. (easier said than done, I know!)

Hi,I have not posted in many a moon,I always just read the posts.I would like to ask if anyone could shed some light on the results I received from a screening I had done a couple of weeks ago.It says that I have minimal intimal thickening is seen.Partially calcified plaque is seen at the left carotid bulb.Is this a major concern,or should just have a talk with my cardiologist to see what to do to fix this.Thanks for any information.I cannot see my cardiologist until a few weeks.I had an AVR done in December,2006 with a St. Jude 21 mm.Carla.

I'm just a Realtor (who slept at a Holiday Express last night), but it sounds like your carotid artery has some plaque that has cause the path through which blood flows to narrow just at a branch point. I wouldn't panic; however, it sounds like a very strong case for making sure you keep your blood pressure in the normal range and maintaining (or changing to) a healthy diet that is low in saturated fats and simple carbohydrates.

Be sure to get that appointment set for seeing the cardio to explain everything in detail. It is always best to see the doctor so whatever questions you may have can be answered then. Good luck and post when you do see the cardio. Hugs for today. :)

Latest posts

Back