Cookers Weigh In---Throw Down Thread

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weighing In

Weighing In

20 August 07

Okay, Cooker, here we go, my turn:

Height: 6 foot 1

Weight: (Gulp!) 267

NOTES (not excuses :D ) When I went to the Doc July 30, I found to my dismay my weight had creeped up to 272. I have lost 5 since then mainly by cutting back on bread and potatoes, and limiting myself to a 100-calorie snack at bedtime instead of eating everything in the fridge and pantry.
Okay, 267 is still waaaaaay too much. I don't even want to think how much too much. My first goal is to get down to 260. Then if I could work myself down to 250, I would feel like I had really accomplished something. I would set a new goal then.

Thanks, Cooker, I think this is going to be a good thing. I am going to work to have positive news next Monday morning.

Thank God you guys are doing this-I have been afraid to get on a scale and now I know why....
height 5'6""
weight 183 OMG my highest non preganancy weight EVER!!!!:eek:
No excuses here....just WAY too much porkin out.....

5' 6 "...........170:eek: :( :mad: :( :eek: ....Gained 5 lbs this summer. NO exercise. Too hot..:p And No. I do not do gyms..just walking...so, I am out of here..:D Without the dog..then to grocery store for fruit..Lean crusines for lunch..And lots of water..Bonnie

Cindy and I are joining in also!! We will follow the Weight Watchers points plan. You will be our weekly weigh in. Costs less that way, if you can avoid Mary :D .

I will weigh in the morning, since I didn't earlier.

Here is Cindy's information:

CINDY
HEIGHT: 5'11"
WEIGHT: 157

Wise said:
Cindy and I are joining in also!! We will follow the Weight Watchers points plan. You will be our weekly weigh in. Costs less that way, if you can avoid Mary :D .

I will weigh in the morning, since I didn't earlier.

Here is Cindy's information:

CINDY
HEIGHT: 5'11"
WEIGHT: 157

Welcome aboard!!! I wish you both great success!!!

RobHol said:
Mea culpa! I hijacked this thread to respond to the weight challenge Cooker issued in a Low Carb Diet thread in Heart Talk. But I didn't feel too bad about the hijacking because Pathfinder started this thread last March and Cooker just revived it. :p

Anyway, maybe it's time for those of us brave souls who are willing to risk public humilation to weigh in weekly, or semi-weekly, or even daily to start our own thread. How 'bout it, Cooker? Does it start tomorrow morning?

I think weekly is the way to go. How about posting Monday Mornings???

Tom

Okay - with Cindy, Bon and Deb in, I'll join too.

5'8"
Age 48
weight 155

Goal weight - 145 (or 140!)

This might not seem like a big deal for some of you, but my daughter is now back at home for a few months and it's tough seeing a 21 year-old 6' 135lb daughter each day and not feel dumpy!

My main hurdle is going to be cutting the sweet cravings!

cooker said:
I think weekly is the way to go. How about posting Monday Mornings???

Tom

Weekly makes sense to me. I think you get a truer sense of progress than with daily readings, which can fluctuate, as we all know. As for Monday morning weigh-in, that does provide a reason not to overdo on the weekend. Or is that perverse? Should we allow for one weekend pig-out? If others would prefer some other weigh-in day, mid-week or Friday or whatever, would be fine with me.

I am excited about this, no matter the details. I was finding this hard to do on my own. Now I'm psyched for it! :)

RobHol said:
Weekly makes sense to me. I think you get a truer sense of progress than with daily readings, which can fluctuate, as we all know. As for Monday morning weigh-in, that does provide a reason not to overdo on the weekend. Or is that perverse? Should we allow for one weekend pig-out? If others would prefer some other weigh-in day, mid-week or Friday or whatever, would be fine with me.

I am excited about this, no matter the details. I was finding this hard to do on my own. Now I'm psyched for it! :)

I?m with you Bob. What has surprised me is not the participation we are getting but how excited I am about this!!! Accountability, it has finally come in handy:p :cool: :p

Karlynn said:
Okay - with Cindy, Bon and Deb in, I'll join too.

5'8"
Age 48
weight 155

Goal weight - 145 (or 140!)

This might not seem like a big deal for some of you, but my daughter is now back at home for a few months and it's tough seeing a 21 year-old 6' 135lb daughter each day and not feel dumpy!

My main hurdle is going to be cutting the sweet cravings!

Good for you Karlynn! Glad you joined us. You can do it!

I do understand about losing that last 10 - 15 pounds; I've been there and finally got it accomplished. I maintained for a year and have gradually gone back up over the last two years.

We'll encourage each other and get it done.

Cindy

cooker said:
Sweets are the hardest for me to give up!!!! Accordong to Weight Watches KrispyCream donuts are only five point. You can have 4 a day, just nothing else:p :p

Add raw salad ingredients and no more than seven points of dressing or whatever, and with the four donuts, and you've got my 27 allowable daily points. Not totally unthinkable ;) :D . (This defines my thought process when choosing daily/weekly food...I am always fitting everything else in around my goodies...which is usually Breyer's light ice cream (chocolate)...one cup is four points more or less.) Also, Weight Watchers allows 35 bonus points weekly. Let's see...7 X 5 = 35...that's seven donuts...for free!!! Of course, that is trading pleasure for slower weight loss.

Wise

cooker said:
Sweets are the hardest for me to give up!!!! Accordong to Weight Watches KrispyCream donuts are only five point. You can have 4 a day, just nothing else:p :p

I realize I'm probably totally changing my reputation here by saying this but - Cooker - I like the way you think!:D

My daughter told me "Mom, just have an apple, that will help curb your sweet cravings." Oh, sweet, skinny little thing - she has no idea!

I find I really need to eliminate anything sweet for a while. And this sounds really crazy, but I don't keep anything sweet in the house (except for me of course!:D ). Those times where I'm craving something sweet so badly that I'm starting to eat anything to compensate - I walk 4 blocks to the local Walgreens and buy a Dove candy bar. I've tried keeping a bag of Kisses or Dove in the freezer and just having one. But then I have 2, 3, 4..... and before I know it, I should have just had those 4 KrispyCreams!

Mondays are great-I need all the accountability I can get-thanks you guys!!! I haven't even told my husband my weight! But I see I am the heaviest gal on here-which I am glad:rolleyes: about because that will help keep me motivated that much more! Deb

cooker said:

Cooker, you should write a book:

"Cooker's Krispy Kreme Doughnut Delite All Delicious Diet!" :D :D :D

I told my Hubby..:eek: Now, I have to stick with it:p he has dropped hints in past weeks...Nice hints..or he knew I would clobber him..:D so at grocery store today..I made him take his own cart....Of course it was filled with sweets..( But I am not a sweet person:D ) so I bought Bagel Snacksand All-Bran crackers to munch on..and the light bread, butter, cheese, ect...Also lots of lean Crusines for lunch...and canalope/peaches..We will both have Salmon for dinner. He will have the twiced baked potatoes (prepared in the market)I will have some green veggie (due to my INR)..Don't want to have adjust my dosage..I would be happy to lose 1 lb a week..if I could keep it off..the following week, ect. I know I will lose several lbs this first week..All fluid.:( Drank a lot of water today..been in bathroom lots of times today:p Also walked more today..( legs are telling me):mad: but I forgot to post my age...67......So..let's go for it..and give some diet info. Karlynn .I heard apples have sugar in them?....And do not eat after 8 P.M........Cooker, I think more will join us when they know we are serious.I also bought a Carb/calorie counter..Tells every food..store bought, fast food, weight-loss food, ect. for calories..To get to 160 lbs..I can have 1,400 calories a day.I think I can do that..I think I can..I think I can..:D Bonnie

Latest posts

Back