Cookers Weigh In---Throw Down Thread

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
For me, the comparison would be to eating just one potato chip. True, that one chip would do no harm. But I cannot stop at eating one potato chip -- I have to devour the whole bag. So to avoid potato chips, I just have to give them up -- not buy them, not have them in sight. Same with cigs?

BTW, Cooker, if you still want to have the weight thread, I am willing to risk embarassment and post my numbers at a weekly weigh-in, if we'll all encourage one another. By the charts, I need to lose probably 50 pounds. But I would be thrilled right now to lose 10. What Granbonny said about it getting much harder with age is very true, sadly so. But some encouragement and tips from others might make a difference.

RobHol said:
BTW, Cooker, if you still want to have the weight thread, I am willing to risk embarassment and post my numbers at a weekly weigh-in, if we'll all encourage one another. By the charts, I need to lose probably 50 pounds. But I would be thrilled right now to lose 10. What Granbonny said about it getting much harder with age is very true, sadly so. But some encouragement and tips from others might make a difference.

I am in! Bob, what should we call it and when shall we start?? I like to weigh in the morning (I really don't like to weigh anytime:D ) We can start tomorrow if you want, I will post mine before I go to work each day:cool:

cooker said:
I am in! Bob, what should we call it and when shall we start?? I like to weigh in the morning (I really don't like to weigh anytime:D ) We can start tomorrow if you want, I will post mine before I go to work each day:cool:
HA I win this one hands down and ain't nothing you gonna do to beat me!

Ross said:
HA I win this one hands down and ain't nothing you gonna do to beat me!
Ok diet boy.... you think you can lose more than me????? Put your belly roll where your mouth is:D No laxatives Bub:mad: I was told you could bury me in a match box if I had a laxative:D :D Now what do you think that means?

Me, too

Me, too

BUT..after the heat wave breaks...I want to walk 3 times a day...Impossible in this heat:eek: Did half a circle at community walk..Just too hot...Dennis..I was watching PBSthis afternoon..they were showing Farmer's markets aroundthe country..They did one on the Santa Fe.Farmer's market..Have you ever eaten bison?One tribe raising them...on their farm..Freezes the meat before it is taken to market. Said, it was very lean. Bonnie

Weighing iN

Weighing iN

cooker said:

I'll show you mine if you show me yours (reading on the scales, that is). :D

Want to post a weekly weigh-in every Monday morning? That would be incentive not to over-eat on the weekends (one of my many failings). Also, knowing I would have to record my weight in the morning would be an incentive not to oversnack at bedtime (ANOTHER of my big failings).

We could post weights more often than weekly if you and other participants wanted to.

As to the best place, Ross is the ultimate authority of course. Not sure it fits exactly under the fitness/cardiac rehab. Maybe just start under Small Talk and see if it grows into something big? As to thread titles, want to be serious or punny? "Brave Folks' Weigh-in"? "Weighty Matters"? "Who Will Be Vr.Com's Biggest Loser"? " I'm not in love with any of those, but with all the creative people here, I bet someone will come up with a good one.

Buffalo burgers are a regular feature for the restaurants in Jemez Springs. The meat is so dry I find it hard to eat without something added.

We have friends who got one in a "hunt" (I have a hard time calling what happened a hunt), but they have a freezer full,and they are going to have to find a way to make it appetizing.

We have buffalo in the supermarket all the time (as well as ostrich). There is a buffalo farm about 12 miles from me, and we've bought directly from there on occasion. I eat bison at least every other week. I really like it, and it is lean.

The ostrich doesn't seem to have much taste, to be honest with you.

But what happened to Pathfinder's smoking debate?

Best wishes,

Mea culpa! I hijacked this thread to respond to the weight challenge Cooker issued in a Low Carb Diet thread in Heart Talk. But I didn't feel too bad about the hijacking because Pathfinder started this thread last March and Cooker just revived it. :p

Anyway, maybe it's time for those of us brave souls who are willing to risk public humilation to weigh in weekly, or semi-weekly, or even daily to start our own thread. How 'bout it, Cooker? Does it start tomorrow morning?

:p :D :p Bob....once a week on Monday sounds great!! I will post to this thread in the morning and maybe Ross will figure the best way to set it up. Now we are posting our weight or ponds lost????:cool: I ain't scared:D

Bison is fantastic and healthy.
Just don't over cook it....it is very lean; ground bison can be made into patties and cooked over medium heat, on stove, in non stick pan with a cover. Sautee some onions on the side:)

I'm in. I really want to lose 20 pounds by the time I see my daughter again in late October. And 30+ more after that in however long it takes. Monday's are good. It will keep me from misbehaving over the weekend!

Marguerite

If all the contestants want to send me $10 a piece, I'll keep your money.

That's all.
I don't have anything else I want to offer up in this thread.;) :p

I'm debating with myself. I don't have that much to lose, but it's always those last pounds that are the hardest. My lack of weight loss could be embarrassing. Hmmmm - trying to decide if I want to expose myself this way. (Don't even bother replying Ross - we know what you're thinking!)

cooker said:
:p :D :p Bob....once a week on Monday sounds great!! I will post to this thread in the morning and maybe Ross will figure the best way to set it up. Now we are posting our weight or ponds lost????:cool: I ain't scared:D

I guess the first post would be a baseline height/weight, and then follow-up Mondays would indicate pounds lost (or not) since the First Monday.

To soften the public humiliation we are subjecting ourselves to, we could add notes like (in my case), "Hey my weight may look ridiculously high but if I were still playing defensive line, it would be perfect." :D Or, hey, my weight is way up there, but to my credit, it's down 15 pounds from where it was before I did physical therapy for my back problem." :p

Or maybe I'll salve my humiliation by grabbing a handful of chocolate chip cookies, or that bag of potato chips Dennis is mailing me. :p

Cooker 8-20-07 Weigh In

Cooker 8-20-07 Weigh In

OK here goes!!

Height: 5'9";)
Weight: 233 Lbs:eek: OMG

Bob said we could make excuses....this is no excuse but knowing I was going to be serious about this for my sake as well as the sake of my fellow"losers";) I wanted my last meal. Sunday evening we headed to the Olive Garden. Full course.....soup, salad, bread sticks (6) and the fambo deluxe sampler platter:D :eek: :D . Then it was off to Brusters Ice Cream Parlor for a double scoop of cherry vanilla in a waffle bowl. Satisfied, I settled in to my recliner and dreamed of my future "six-pack" abs and how they would attract all those girls on the "Buns O' Steele" video.:cool:

I woke up took three Tums and went to bed.

Back