Cookers Weigh In---Throw Down 8-27-07

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far it looks like Cooker is winning his own Throw Down. Do we need to empanel some special investigatory group to check his scales? To check his medicine cabinets? To check him? Maybe Major League Baseball could help. :D :D :D :p :p :p

RobHol said:
So far it looks like Cooker is winning his own Throw Down. Do we need to empanel some special investigatory group to check his scales? To check his medicine cabinets? To check him? Maybe Major League Baseball could help. :D :D :D :p :p :p

So far as I know there is no law or sanction against the use of Prune Juice :eek: :D :eek:

Posting of weight

Posting of weight

Original Starting weight: 200 lbs
Current weight: 187
Change: -13 lbs

Note: had to loose 12 lbs of fluid weight when I can home from the hospital on 7/17/07 after surgery on 7/12/07 - I was 212 but, I didn't count that. I have been working my weight reduction plan since I came home from the hospital. Cardio Rehab just begun 8/24, 3 days a week plus I walk all other days for 20-30 minutes - flat surface only.
Height: 5'5"
My Goal is 140 lbs.

Carolyn Russo said:

Note: had to loose 12 lbs of fluid weight when I can home from the hospital on 7/17/07 after surgery on 7/12/07 - I was 212 but, I didn't count that. I have been working my weight reduction plan since I came home from the hospital. Cardio Rehab just begun 8/24, 3 days a week plus I walk all other days for 20-30 minutes - flat surface only.
My Goal is 140 lbs.

Good for you!!

Show Off!!!!!

Show Off!!!!!

Carolyn Russo said:

My Goal is 140 lbs.

Show off!!!!:p :D Way to go!!!!! We are in the presence of diet greatness:D :D

And Carolyn surges to the front of the pack! Congratulations!

Speaking of scales: Anyone have a good recommendation for a good, reliable digital scale????

Karlynn said:
And Carolyn surges to the front of the pack! Congratulations!

Speaking of scales: Anyone have a good recommendation for a good, reliable digital scale????

I have doctors scales.. I would not recommend them. They are way to accurate :D :D :D

RobHol said:
Suggestion: Weigh in the morning, Viki, and alter this post then. I find the scales bring better news then, before breakfast ("break fast"). You might be down a pound or two...just a thought.

Bob Is correct. It is always better to weigh in the morning before breakfast?..and lets be honest most of us weigh post pooh as well.:D :D Hell, if we can confess our weight we can get truthful about the rest of it.

For some reason, I always weigh the least after lunch! I wonder if it's water weight that hangs on while I'm sleeping at night ..... liquids run right through me, but not when I'm sleeping.

Good for you Carolyn!!! Perfect timing to get right on it while you are in rehab forming good habits. Keep up the great work!

Lunch time for me. Leftover cold sliced pork, celery and some iced tea.

Just went to Trader Joe's (do you have them on the east coast?) and bought some frozen succotash which looked real good. Edamame instead of lima beans, corn and peppers. Anyway, a nice quick side dish.

This is very helpful for me, Cooker. Thanks for starting it. I'm looking at my days differently; more carefully. Thinking healthy!

:) Marguerite

Man,

What a nutritionally correct lunch I had! A fresh sliced homegrown tomato and strips of thinly sliced turkey breast between two slices of 100 percent whole wheat bread, with light mayo. One kiwi fruit. And a glass of cranapple juice.

Beats whatever it was I got at Bubba's mini-mart for lunch last week. :)

Marguerite53 said:
This is very helpful for me, Cooker. Thanks for starting it. I'm looking at my days differently; more carefully. Thinking healthy!

:) Marguerite

Me an inspiration??my high school teachers would spin in their graves:D :D :rolleyes: :D :D

Today so far????.

Breakfast???..boiled egg

Lunch?...ham and turkey slices
.................cheese
............... dill pickles
............... three bean salad

Now for dinner, I plan on eating whatever my bride puts in front of me??I may be hungry but I?m not stupid:D :p :D

Hugs to all of you

Hugs to all of you

We all did great.:D ...Karlynn..I bought the Weight-Watchers scales..even tells the ounces...Sat. I was a flat 176 lbs. today a few ounces..due to the Birthday party...:( yesterday...)...Bob..I, too, bought the 100%Whole Grain Bread, lite lunch meat..but..I picked up the lite Mayo..90 calories for 2 tsps.:eek: Put it back on shelf...I don't need it that badly.:p Also, bought Weight=watchers english Muffins for breakfast...will be a nice change..A lean-cruisine for lunch and baked chicken for dinner..Also, a nice long walk early this a.m.........I am keeping my diet food separately from Hubby's...Again, thanks to Cooker for starting this weight-loss thread..It really helps to have a support group..:) Maybe more will get inspired and join us....do like me and just set a low goal..1 lb a week adds up..:D Bonnie

I weighed this morning, but didn't have time to post.

Starting weight: 142
Today's weight: 140
Change: -2

If I can keep this up I'll be at my goal weight in 10 weeks!

Latest posts

Back