Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 7-25

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
I hope everyone has had a good week ... I have not (weight loss wise):mad: ... I'm not discouraged as much as just PO'd at myself for allowing it to happen, again ... I just can't seem to find the great resolve I once had ... I know it is around here somewhere ... now where did it put that thing?:rolleyes:

.....up 7 pounds....

Well, Superbob didn't weigh last Friday 'cause of DW being in hospital, and him being generally dysfunctional (or more than usual:p)....

Anyway, Superbob is amazed to find that since last weighing he is...

Down 2 pounds.

That's despite some bad eating habits attributable to a dumb male feeding himself.

Cooker, my friend, the last thing you probably need is jokes -- but it occurred to me that chimps are prone to wild swings. :p

jk -- you are overcoming a negative addiction and you will be back in the slimming groove soon enough. You are our leader and we are all proud of you!

Hi guys ,
I have been so worried and upset about my hair falling out( I think it may
be telogen effluvium), that I FORGOT to eat this week , but I just weighed myself( after seeing this post)and it 'looks' as if I gained a pound!!! But I will have to chack again AFTER I have my contacts in:rolleyes:
chubby and balding at 42--where are the smilies with tears?-- Dina

will re-weigh and re-post later after I put my lenses in:eek:
Cooker- Im always going thru phases- where one week Im determined,and
then the next there is a big bowl of ice cream in front of me!

Superbob-I hope your wife is better. And this is how most seem to lose
weight....when its the last thing on their mind.
My Best to you both ( and Cooker too!)--Dina

Cooker, you really do have a good reason for gaining weight. Your resolve is being hampered by the transition you're going through. Still "thumbs up" to our fearless leader.

Congratulations SuperBob; you deserved a weight loss after the stress you were under!

Dina, best wishes for your post-contacts-in weight.

I know it may be silly to keep posting this full-blown report every week, but for some reason it psychologically helps me to report it. So, here goes.

CINDY:

Starting Weight: 170.4
Last Week: 147.2
This Week: 145.0
Weekly Change: -2.2
Total Loss: -25.4

WISE:

Starting Weight: 204.8
Last Week: 181.2
This Week: 180.4
Weekly Change: -.8
Total Loss: -24.4

Cindy got recognized at our WW meeting for losing 25 pounds. It's always nice to get applause for efforts. :) I'm getting a new saddle and am determined to once again take the lead in Cindy's and my personal WW horse race.

Because I'm a good sport, I thought I would keep Cooker company in the weight gain department!:p:p:p I'm up a pound from last week, so I'm still up a pound from before we left on vacation-- back in mid-June.:eek:
I'm going to the gym in a little bit, so although I'm exercising, I need to do a better job of staying within my point's allotment.

Congratulations Superbob! Congratulations Wise and Cindy! You all have had a great week!:)

Dina, I hope you lost weight. And unless you tell us different, I'm going to assume that you did!:)

I'm up .5 pounds.

SB - good job! Wise and Cindy - we're going to need a date stamped photo to prove that you are still visible to the human eye! You guys really got seriouse! Congratulations!

I have good news on the scales this morning...they are reading 1kg/2.2 lbs less than this time last week...the bad news is that this is the same weight I put on the weeks before, which went on top of another kilo I had gained that didnt drop off...so all in all I am 1 kilo/2.2lbs up....grrrrr......

Up and down is OK...but up, up and down is not so good but at least I am heading in the right direction today.

I have good news on the scales this morning...they are reading 1kg/2.2 lbs less than this time last week...the bad news is that this is the same weight I put on the weeks before, which went on top of another kilo I had gained that didnt drop off...so all in all I am 1 kilo/2.2lbs up....grrrrr......

Up and down is OK...but up, up and down is not so good but at least I am heading in the right direction today.

Good job, Ton!:)
You should try not to worry about weeks past, just concentrate on what you're doing NOW. And what you're doing NOW is GREAT!:):):)

I'm up .6 of a lb. which isn't too bad since I've been in a semi-vegetative state for 12 days. Had to sit in my Lazy Boy and do nothing but crosswords and watch baseball all week.

My colonoscopy experience took off 3 pounds.
I can't recommend it as a fun diet.
Anyway, my scales not broken after all seeing as I passed the 170 mark.
169 woo-hoo

When I got up and went through my morning routine Thursday I knew my weight was up?..for one thing I could hardly get my wedding ring on?.not a good sign?I weighed twice to make sure the scales were not messing with me?To make a long story short I am re-reporting with this mornings weight that is 5 pounds less that yesterdays?all fluid, well almost all:rolleyes:?.but this is not a good thing?I never retained water like this before and it is a wake up call to steer clear of fast food and the SALT that goes along with it??I am still reporting a 2 pound gain for the week but that?s a heck of a lot better than 7!!

I am going to try and get back to counting points and walking?.it works?

Ugh! I think this is the worst week ever! I'm up 3 lbs. :( :mad: It's very difficult to lose weight when your husband, who just got a new smoker three weeks ago, feels the need to smoke every meat he can get his hands on so he can "practice." Can I help it? I mean, really? Who can blame me? :rolleyes:

It also doesn't help that I ate out for lunch and dinner yesterday and stuffed myself rather than eating in moderation. I will say I DID leave a whole enchilada on my plate last night, which I COULD have eaten but would have regretted (even more than the chips and salsa that I should have left alone). But considering I was already beyond full, it's not much consolation. :(

Cooker, Mary- You've got another one to add to your "club."

Ton, Wise, Cindy, Jack (khawkk), Superbob- Great job!

Jack (SumoRunner)- I would consider that a victory, considering the situation you're in.

Dina- Good luck with the lensed weigh-in!!!

I'm up .5 pounds.

SB - good job! Wise and Cindy - we're going to need a date stamped photo to prove that you are still visible to the human eye! You guys really got seriouse! Congratulations!

LOL! Sometimes I'd like to be invisible.

I did find some "before" photos that I will have to scan, unless I can get someone to find a digital photo of me. I avoid cameras. :eek::eek: Cindy is more willing to be in pictures.

Great job Ton:D

Cooker, you really do have a good reason for gaining weight. Your resolve is being hampered by the transition you're going through. Still "thumbs up" to our fearless leader.

Congratulations SuperBob; you deserved a weight loss after the stress you were under!

Dina, best wishes for your post-contacts-in weight.

I know it may be silly to keep posting this full-blown report every week, but for some reason it psychologically helps me to report it. So, here goes.

CINDY:

Starting Weight: 170.4
Last Week: 147.2
This Week: 145.0
Weekly Change: -2.2
Total Loss: -25.4

WISE:

Starting Weight: 204.8
Last Week: 181.2
This Week: 180.4
Weekly Change: -.8
Total Loss: -24.4

Cindy got recognized at our WW meeting for losing 25 pounds. It's always nice to get applause for efforts. :) I'm getting a new saddle and am determined to once again take the lead in Cindy's and my personal WW horse race.

Cindy and Wise......you rock on!!! Will we be able to see you in October?:D

Ugh! I think this is the worst week ever! I'm up 3 lbs. :( :mad: It's very difficult to lose weight when your husband, who just got a new smoker three weeks ago, feels the need to smoke every meat he can get his hands on so he can "practice." Can I help it? I mean, really? Who can blame me? :rolleyes:

It also doesn't help that I ate out for lunch and dinner yesterday and stuffed myself rather than eating in moderation. I will say I DID leave a whole enchilada on my plate last night, which I COULD have eaten but would have regretted (even more than the chips and salsa that I should have left alone). But considering I was already beyond full, it's not much consolation. :(

Cooker, Mary- You've got another one to add to your "club."

Ton, Wise, Cindy, Jack (khawkk), Superbob- Great job!

Jack (SumoRunner)- I would consider that a victory, considering the situation you're in.

Dina- Good luck with the lensed weigh-in!!!

Niki....hang tough...we will all win the battle if we stick together:D:D

Well, Superbob didn't weigh last Friday 'cause of DW being in hospital, and him being generally dysfunctional (or more than usual:p)....

Anyway, Superbob is amazed to find that since last weighing he is...

Down 2 pounds.

That's despite some bad eating habits attributable to a dumb male feeding himself.

Cooker, my friend, the last thing you probably need is jokes -- but it occurred to me that chimps are prone to wild swings. :p

jk -- you are overcoming a negative addiction and you will be back in the slimming groove soon enough. You are our leader and we are all proud of you!

SuperBob....way to go!!!....And keep me posted on any new and improved low salt snacks:D

Okay, so my Wii was actually a bit kinder than my scale... IT says I only gained 2.2 lbs. Still not good, but makes me feel a tiny bit better? ;)

Today is my annual MUGA scan appointment. I'm actually looking forward to the results. I truly believe my EF will have improved! :D Of course, there's still a nagging thought in the back of my head that I am getting my hopes up just to have them dashed, but I'm trying to keep those thoughts at bay. I probably won't find out the results until August 15th when I go in to see my cardiologist. But at least the test itself should be over with! :D

Niki....hang tough...we will all win the battle if we stick together:D:D

Actually, I measured my waist the other day (don't remember why), and checked it against the measurement I got in May, and the measurement was 2 inches smaller! :eek: Completely took me by surprise, seeing as my weight sure hasn't gone down. So maybe, just maybe, this whole exercise thing is working??? Of course, I didn't measure today. Probably up, since I stuffed my face so much this week. :(

Actually, I measured my waist the other day (don't remember why), and checked it against the measurement I got in May, and the measurement was 2 inches smaller! :eek: Completely took me by surprise, seeing as my weight sure hasn't gone down. So maybe, just maybe, this whole exercise thing is working??? Of course, I didn't measure today. Probably up, since I stuffed my face so much this week. :(

Great!!!.... I talked with another ThrowDowner today (male) and I have come to the conclusion that most of the men in the ThrowDown are not as exercise oriented as the women....I also have receive a private admonishment to get my butt in gear and back to the walking....I'm still not measuring my waist :p

Latest posts

Back