Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 7-25

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. I have to share with you the meal I had for lunch today... Necessity (and laziness) is the mother of invention!

I haven't been to the grocery store in several days and we're pretty much out of all left overs. I'm still working on that quilt for my friend and didn't want to take the time to shower, get dressed, and go somewhere to get food. Besides, fast food just didn't appeal. So I started scrounging in the pantry and fridge. I found a can of Rotel, a can of sliced olives, some bacon bits, Italian dressing, and half a bag of uncooked Orzo (among other things). So I combined these ingredients to make an orzo salad (sort of). It turned out quite yummy and I only used half of each of the ingredients, so I could make it again tomorrow if I want! ;) Who knew I had such culinary talent. ;)

Ok...you got me wondering NIki...what is Rotel and Orzo?...I am guessing they are a US brand of some tinned delicacy!

Ok...you got me wondering NIki...what is Rotel and Orzo?...I am guessing they are a US brand of some tinned delicacy!

LOL! I guess I didn't think about the fact that it might not translate in other countries! :)

The Rotel is a brand for canned tomatoes and chili peppers (mixed together). Its most common use is in melted cheese or "Chili con Queso" for those in the know. ;)

The Orzo is a type of tiny pasta, about the size of fat rice. It's not a brand name, but might not be super common. Actually, I don't think I even knew about it until a few years ago.

....I came home to a homemade chicken potpie (best in the South) and followed up by fresh picked today blueberry cobler.....

Cooker-I didn't know that cobbler grew on bushes.... or is it trees?
I wish I lived in your neighborhood.

Mary- I have to thank you- when I put my lenses in , I had lost .5 lb,
much better! And it may have been because of your positive thought-
intervention--thanks!

Superbob is going out of town for the day on a business trip. Weighing in on Thursday, so wanted to post now:

Superbob has lost 4 pounds this week!

Maybe being the salt policeman for DW is helping both of us.

Best news is she got a good report at doctor yesterday. Her BP was down within striking distance of normal. Doc wants her to strict control salt and excess fat.

Dina, I'm glad my positive outlook translated into a loss!;) I should try that with my scale.:p:p

Superbob . . . super job!!!!

I'll weigh in a little bit and be back later to report the results.

Superbob is going out of town for the day on a business trip. Weighing in on Thursday, so wanted to post now:

Best news is she got a good report at doctor yesterday. Her BP was down within striking distance of normal. Doc wants her to strict control salt and excess fat.

WOW! Great job! Sounds like the low sodium diet is going to be good for you too. :D

Look, what is that! It's a bird, it's a plane.....no it's SuperBob. Able to leap large blocks of salt and mounds of fat! Good job and congrats to your wife for the good report.

Look, what is that! It's a bird, it's a plane.....no it's SuperBob. Able to leap large blocks of salt and mounds of fat! Good job and congrats to your wife for the good report.

Latest posts

Back