Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 11-16

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:)

:)

:D Congrats to all of you losers! Dang! My heart is bursting with pride!:D

SUPERBOB,
I am doing great. I am the happiest I have been in a long time. :D I am coming up on my one year survivorship...based on last chemo was 11/30 of last year. I am not sure what makes one a survivor exactly. I personally feel waking up from cancer surgery is the second you become a survivor and hopefully when the fighter emerges! But who knows? I am so darn happy to be alive! :D
My kids are all doing beautifully! How are your puppies (kids)? And the VOLS!!!!!!!! What do you think of our VOLS???
I can't believe them! Good ol Rocky Top! I am loving this football season. WVU is ranked #5. Woo-hoo! My beloved alma mater....Marshall....we've won two games. I am still a loyal fan anyway! I have been going to all the home games! Speaking of Marshall...I sure hope you will rent the "We Are Marshall" movie. Very near and dear t o my heart. Being a sports fan, you would love it!

Anyhoo, keep on keeping on!
Hugs!
Debbi

Hey folks, I am still around. I know I haven't posted much but I have good reasons. I don't get to the site very often and I found it to be a nuisance weighing myself on a regular basis. I am not in the habit and would rather just weigh at my semi-annual doctor visit.

Part of it also is my weight fluctuations when I ride. When I do a four or five hour ride I will drop five or six pounds, once proper hydration is completed the weight will be back again. Makes it difficult to get an accurate weigh in.

I did manage to weigh on Friday however so thought I would share. Since this has started I have lost three pounds. I haven't made any changes to eating habits the only difference has been returning to my level of activity prior to heart stuff that slowed me down a couple of years ago. If I continue at this rate I will achieve my goal in about 20 more months.

Starting weight 212
Current weight 209
Goal weight 187

Congratulations to all the losers out there, keep up the good work and the banter.

dj/utvolsfan said:
:D Congrats to all of you losers! Dang! My heart is bursting with pride!:D

SUPERBOB,
I am doing great. I am the happiest I have been in a long time. :D I am coming up on my one year survivorship...based on last chemo was 11/30 of last year. I am not sure what makes one a survivor exactly. I personally feel waking up from cancer surgery is the second you become a survivor and hopefully when the fighter emerges! But who knows? I am so darn happy to be alive! :D
My kids are all doing beautifully! How are your puppies (kids)? And the VOLS!!!!!!!! What do you think of our VOLS???
I can't believe them! Good ol Rocky Top! I am loving this football season. WVU is ranked #5. Woo-hoo! My beloved alma mater....Marshall....we've won two games. I am still a loyal fan anyway! I have been going to all the home games! Speaking of Marshall...I sure hope you will rent the "We Are Marshall" movie. Very near and dear t o my heart. Being a sports fan, you would love it!

Anyhoo, keep on keeping on!
Hugs!
Debbi

Debbi,

Have sent more detail in a PM but just wanted to say here how wonderful it is to hear you are doing so well. You are one courageous gal and an inspiration to us all. Please join us anytime to motivate us in our losing. We would NOT hold it against you that you are already fit and trim. :p ;)

GO VOLS!

HUGS,
SUPERBOB aka BIONIC BOB

This morning I did as I had hoped to do... Found out my "real" weight. I woke up and immediately took my lasix, then waited about an hour and a half for it to kick in, and only then did I weigh. The resulting weigh in was.... 131! That means a total loss of 11 pounds. :D Of course, who knows what my "real" weight was back when we started this thing, but looking at the chart I got at the doctor's, I think that was one of my "low" fluid moments...

At any rate, it sure feels good to have come so far in just a couple of months. Thank you all for being here for encouragement. I actually looked at myself in the mirror last night and really liked what I saw. That's a good feeling. Now that the holidays are approaching, I am confident that I can (at the very least) maintain my weight (with fluid fluctuations, I'm sure) and continue towards my goal once they are over. THANK YOU, LOSERS!!! :D

WOW, Niki -- 11 pounds! That is great -- congratulations!

Superbob just took his Superdawg for a 3-mile hike on the Cherry Blossom Trail surrounded by the mountains in fall finery. Then went to Mill Mountain Coffeehouse and had yellowfin tuna on whole wheat, with a side salad, and black coffee for lunch. Now the most strenuous exercise of all -- have to accompany my wife to mall to start Christmas shopping. :eek:

I am trying to follow Marguerite's wise advice to keep moving. Hope this will help me make further progress and burn off holiday calories.

Keep up the great work, Niki!

Went for a 25 minute walk today. Even worked up a sweat in the brisk morning air. Enjoyed every minute of it. It's funny how much more enjoyable exercise is when you're feeling good about the way you look... :D

Time to go clean out the fridge. No, I don't mean eat stuff. Really cleaning. Have to make room for the turkey to start thawing. Though I am kinda hungry. Maybe a small breakfast is in order.

(((hugs))) I love you guys!

Resounding cheers all around for Cooker, Superbob, Mary, Bonnie, Betty, Debi, Niki and any other losers I may have missed (it's hard for my brain to absorb and retain three pages of posts!) Karlynn and Ton get congrats too for maintaining--we all know how hard that can be.

I did weigh on Friday morning but left early for the weekend (7am...ugh!) I did manage a half-pound loss for a total of 21 pounds down now at 158. I ate and drank my way through the weekend at the hubby's company's retreat and have little hope of even maintaining this week, what with Thanksgiving and a house full of guests to feed who arrive on Wednesday.

Among many other blessings, I'll join the others who have expressed thanks for this accountability thread. Your companionship in the battle of the bulge is invaluable to me. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

P.J. I just saw the post last night about you being in Chicago. Oh well, I was working that day anyway.:( Would have loved to meet for lunch. (a light, healthy one!)

Have any of you eaten at Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwich Shops? They're not really gourmet, but they are good. They're subs, which are not usually my thing. The bread is better than some sub shops, to Cindy and me anyway.

We've eaten there twice; after church last Sunday and again today. Today we had an "Unwich"....which is basically a lettuce wrap. We really liked it; we chose tuna today. We'd recommend it....especially to those of your low carbing it.

Wise said:
Have any of you eaten at Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwich Shops? They're not really gourmet, but they are good. They're subs, which are not usually my thing. The bread is better than some sub shops, to Cindy and me anyway.

We've eaten there twice; after church last Sunday and again today. Today we had an "Unwich"....which is basically a lettuce wrap. We really liked it; we chose tuna today. We'd recommend it....especially to those of your low carbing it.

We have a Jimmy John's here in town, Wise. We usually grab a sandwich from there once every couple of weeks. They DO have good subs, and they bake their own bread fresh everyday. I usually get the "beach" club; love that avocado!

cooker said:
:eek: I have had snack filled day:eek: Don't know why but just had a perpetual case of the munchies....oh well, there is always tomorrow:rolleyes:

Last night we fired up the outside pit so our granddaughter could roast marshmallows and make smores.
I turned down all offers of smores . . . . did eat part of a Hershey's . . . . but hey . . . I'm not Perfect!;) :D :p :p The thought of Wednesday's weigh-in kept my munchies in check.
Cooker, don't forget the "always tomorrow" means tomorrow is one day closer to weigh-in!:p :p

Mary said:
Last night we fired up the outside pit so our granddaughter could roast marshmallows and make smores.
I turned down all offers of smores . . . . did eat part of a Hershey's . . . . but hey . . . I'm not Perfect!;) :D :p :p The thought of Wednesday's weigh-in kept my munchies in check.
Cooker, don't forget the "always tomorrow" means tomorrow is one day closer to weigh-in!:p :p

I was at a meeting Saturday night and there were huge bowls of miniature candy bars everywhere:eek: Snickers, Mounds, KitKats.....you name it. I had one......then I put on my scuba mask and did a jackknife into the Snickers:p Sunday was mostly crackers and some fruit an cheese.....but it went on all day. I walked this morning and am back on track. The holidays will be tough for me but I will not get discouraged!!!!! I just need to be Speedo shape by spring:eek: :D :

Mary said:
We have a Jimmy John's here in town, Wise. We usually grab a sandwich from there once every couple of weeks. They DO have good subs, and they bake their own bread fresh everyday. I usually get the "beach" club; love that avocado!

The Beach Club is the first sandwich we had.....with EXTRA AVOCADO. I WILL have it again. Had the Unwich yesterday to hasten weight loss...hopefully.

Ok losers, we are 48 hours from the last weigh in before Thanksgiving!!:eek: I still am in a state of disbelief as to the longevity of this thread and the amount of participation we continue to have. Whoever thought that I would be grateful for and look forward to accountability.:rolleyes:

I have full recovered from my two day snack attack and hope to post a loss on Wednesday!! High fiber and exercise will do the trick??..and no I am not talking about prune juice.:p Ever had any organic flax seed? Now that?s fiber!!!!:D Oops??.now watch that get banned:rolleyes: After I hit those scale Wednesday I am going to eat a chocolate pound cake.:D :) :D

cooker said:
Ok losers, we are 48 hours from the last weigh in before Thanksgiving!!:eek: I still am in a state of disbelief as to the longevity of this thread and the amount of participation we continue to have. Whoever thought that I would be grateful for and look forward to accountability.:rolleyes:

I have full recovered from my two day snack attack and hope to post a loss on Wednesday!! High fiber and exercise will do the trick??..and no I am not talking about prune juice.:p Ever had any organic flax seed? Now that?s fiber!!!!:D Oops??.now watch that get banned:rolleyes: After I hit those scale Wednesday I am going to eat a chocolate pound cake.:D :)

ORGANIC FLAX SEED? Isn't that the stuff Barry Bonds claimed he thought he was using? (See pix of Barry Bonds' dog below.) :eek: :D

Mary, MARY??? The Chimp has to be cheating -- talking about all those candies he's eating but bragging in advance about another weight loss?

Is an investigation warranted? :p

Back