Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 11-16

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karlynn said:
Could you include a box of Krispie Kreme's with that??????

I'm going to see Paula Deen on Saturday. Did you know she has a bread pudding recipe made with Krispie Kremes???????? (I gained 5 pounds just typing that!)

And I'm gonna be really mean and say I don't think we should be allowed mulligan usage for the week after the TG holiday. This will help us to stay a bit more focused. Enjoy those treats. Certainly don't try to lose. I'm going into the holiday with my focus on maintaining. No pig outs - no mile high mashed potatoes. I'm going to try the spoonful-of-everything approach and see how that works.

I understand that the holidays are tough and I also understand that all of the banter is just in big fun.:D I hope we are joshing about the mulligan usage because we all know if we take an inch we will take a mile.:eek: But I don?t want to seem a cruel taskmaster.:eek:

Great idea about no mulligans the week after Thanksgiving?.we will all need something to get us back with the program. I am going out of town the Friday after and returning on Monday and I know I will need to double my efforts.

And yes I have seen that recipe!!!! It sounds heavenly!!!

cooker said:
I Give Up!!! We all can weigh when we want;) I have instructed my Executive Assistant to mail each of you a "Holiday Gift Pack" containing 25 mulligans and a pair of 2X sweats:D :p :D

SUPERBOB requires 3X sweats, thank you. :D However, to show resolve and solidarity, he will forgo his mulligan and take his, uh, lumps for the caloric intake during the birthday festivities.

Also, SUPERBOB thinks Karlynn's idea of setting maintenance as the goal during the holidays is a great one. If SUPERBOB gains only 2 pounds between now and Jan. 2, he will consider that a great victory. :) Then he can focus on losing another 15 pounds by swimsuit season. :)

Still sitting steady.....

Still sitting steady.....

You guys crack me up LOL LOL LOL....

Luckily we dont have Thanksgiving here so we can save up until Xmas for our big feasting....

I still have no weight change to report...I am really gonna have to get expert help if want this weight to shift :( ...Oh well...at least I havent gained any in the last few months and I know I would have if I hadnt joined in our Throw-down.

Well all this talk about mulligans and take it easy over the holidays is fine for some, but I have an official bet (that means money) going that says I will be down another 5 pounds by Christmas! So throw a little attitude my way!

SuperBob, I think not only should you weigh neikd at the doctors, you should also ask an obliging nurse to take your picture so you can post it on this thread! :eek: :eek: Then we will know you are really serious!:D And Cooker will have something to post when you call him Lardmaster!:p :p

Speaking of Krispie Kreme bread pudding, I've made that!:)
But this year I'm taking chocolate bread pudding to my sister's. Don't worry about me eating too much turkey breast or mashed potatoes, I'll stick to the bread pudding! :p :p

RobHol said:
Below, from Cooker's Throw-Down, Sept. 28, 2007: A "Special Occasions" Mulligan was awarded to Deb.

Question: A 66th birthday is not a Special Occasion? Or are mulligans awarded selectively -- i.e., only to folks prettier than Superbob? :D :D :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debster
I wish I would have split them with you and then maybe I wouldn't be afraid of the scales on Friday Chocolate doughnuts and Canadian Bacon Pizza Hut pizza-my inlaws were in town and I pigged out!! Deb

Deb.....This falls under the "special occasions" category. You are awarded a mulligan

Thus spaketh Cooker {I have highlighted in red for emphasis} :D
AVR 2/21/06
Philippians 4:6-7

I am prettier than SuperBob? That is too cool!!!:D I won't be if I keep getting these mulligans!!!:D Deb

Okay, I swear my scale is bipolar. Monday I was 134, Tuesday it was 132, Wednesday it was 134 again, and this morning it was 131! So now I'm wondering what in the world the scale is going to say tomorrow for the "official" weigh-in. I HAD been thinking of doing my weigh-in on Saturday after taking my diuretic and letting it kick in (not home long enough before work to do this on Friday) so I might get a better idea of my "real" weight, but now with all the controversy I guess I'll just have to go with whatever mood my scale is in in the morning. ;) Maybe if I tickle it first... :D

Mary asks:

SuperBob, I think not only should you weigh neikd at the doctors, you should also ask an obliging nurse to take your picture so you can post it on this thread! :eek: :eek: Then we will know you are really serious!:D And Cooker will have something to post when you call him Lardmaster!:p :p

Mary receives.

Superbob weighed in a little early.... ;) :p ;)

Mary said:
Well all this talk about mulligans and take it easy over the holidays is fine for some, but I have an official bet (that means money) going that says I will be down another 5 pounds by Christmas! So throw a little attitude my way!

Speaking of Krispie Kreme bread pudding, I've made that!:)
But this year I'm taking chocolate bread pudding to my sister's. Don't worry about me eating too much turkey breast or mashed potatoes, I'll stick to the bread pudding! :p :p

A bet!!!! Good for you!! I think that is a great idea. Anything to keep us on track:D

Here is my official report for this week. I am very pleased:D Earlier in the week I was up a bit but with disposing of the pineapple upside down cake and the humongous brownie and ice cream from Fudrucker's I feel good about this week.

Like Deb I have a goal too. I wanted to be below 200 by Thanksgiving but I don't think that will happen, I know it won't. I have pushed that out to Christmas. Theses are perilous times for us losers!! Here's what's on tap in my world.

Sunday.......Thanksgiving lunch at church
Tuesday.....Thanksgiving lunch at work
Thursday.....Thankgiving lunch with the family
Friday - Monday..... Mountain trip (sure we will eat out EVERY meal)

We may skip the Sunday dinner and I will try hard to eat very light at the work lunch. But Thanksgiving day this boy is gonna eat:D :D :D

My scales have 1/4 pound hash marks and I was down a 1/4lb this morning. I decided when I started to lose that I would post only whole numbers and always round up. I think that way if I lose 3/4 the next week I can report a pound:D :p :D

Next weigh in, Wednesday the 21st.

Starting weight........233
Last Week...................207
This week....................207
Weekly Change............0
Total Loss......................26

Wal now, it seems t'have gotten a li'l testy hyar in th' weekly meetin' of Eaters Anonymous.

Pull it togither troups. Don't loose th' war jest on account o' yo' lost a few skirmishes. Don't loose sight of th' prize. Git it togither LOOSERS!

Bubba Patton :)

Today the scale seemed to be in an okay mood. Not as good as yesterday, but I'll take it. ;)

Original weight: 142
Last week: 134
This week: 132
This week's change: -2
Total change:10

Woo-Hoo! I've made it to the double digits! Now if this stinkin' fluid would cooperate, I might be happy with my weight. ;)

Gnusgal said:
Today the scale seemed to be in an okay mood. Not as good as yesterday, but I'll take it. ;)

Original weight: 142
Last week: 134
This week: 132
This week's change: -2
Total change:10

Woo-Hoo! I've made it to the double digits! Now if this stinkin' fluid would cooperate, I might be happy with my weight. ;)

Yahoo!!! Down Two!!!!!

First, congratulations to all the beautiful losers -- Niki, you are doing great!!!

Now, SUPERBOB's report (you didn't really think he would desert you, did you? Dessert you, maybe, but not desert you. :D )

Starting weight: 272

This morning's weight on the dreaded scales: 260

Overall change: minus-12

Change in past week: plus-2

Okay, laugh at SUPERBOB if you must, but his current weight would be great if he were still playing defensive line. :cool:

Remember also that he is paying a heavy price for rescuing you from all those scones, muffins, cakes, pies, cupcakes and other delicacies. SUPERBOB needs to find some sort of special disposal for these morsels instead of paying the price himself. :D

SUPERBOB hereby vows to crank up the exercise and be more careful about random calories. Maybe he will find some tall buildings to leap in a single bound. Or with these cold winds blowing, maybe he will ride his exercise bike while listening to that great oldies collection Rich has provided in another thread. :cool:

Later this morning, it's off to the doctor and the really dreaded scales there. The Man of Steel will remove his cape in order to get as much credit with ol' sawbones as he can, but he is afraid to strip to his birthday suit lest he wind up in the psychiatric ward. This forum is all the funny farm he needs. :D

Cheers to everybody....

My scales must be related to Niki's, because it appears they are bipolar too!:eek: :eek: Well . . . . maybe not bipolar, but certainly moody!

Happily they are in a good mood this morning.:p

I'm down one pound!:) :)

Praise the Lord and pass the pie!:p

Mary said:
My scales must be related to Niki's, because it appears they are bipolar too!:eek: :eek: Well . . . . maybe not bipolar, but certainly moody!

Happily they are in a good mood this morning.:p

I'm down one pound!:) :)

Praise the Lord and pass the pie!:p

Good for you!!! Another pound toward your Christmas goal!!!!! No Pie for you until Thanksgiving day!!!:p :D :p

Am I the first to report my findings this morning? ONE POUND LOST! I know that doesn't sound like a lot but I was thrilled. Of course, the weekend is here and we always go out to eat but I will try to be good.

Our kids and grandkids are coming here for Thanksgiving and the weekend so I'm hoping that since I'll be doing all the cooking for this crew that I'll be too tired to eat too much. That and running after a three year old and rocking a six month old.;) We'll see.

I have to tell you all that when I went to the gastroenterologist on Wednesday for my six week checkup (since my stricture dilation) I of course had to weigh. This guy (out of ALL my docs) is a real nut when it comes to weight. Of course, he's around 60, short and looks to weigh about 120 pounds. I on the other hand am 5'8" and weigh *** so I already feel like a giant and a blimp.:eek: Anyway, my appointment was at 4 in the afternoon and get this...you have to weigh with your shoes ON! The nurse told me it was because of OSHA guidelines. Have you ever heard of such baloney! I always get to take my shoes off in other doctors' offices. Of course, I knew their rules from my earlier visits to his office, so here I am on Wed. morning looking for the flattest pair of sandals in my closet. It's a good thing it was warm here on Wed. But I would have worn those sandals even if it was 20 degrees outside. Not that they helped much being it was 4 in the afternoon. NOT FAIR! I may protest outside his office one of these days!:D

LINDA

Weight on Tuesday 150
Weight Today (since a giant chimp came to the door this a.m. and dragged me to the scales even thought I weighed in on Tuesday this week!!!:mad:) 150 (Maybe he put a big fat chimp toe on the scale??????)

No loss - zip, zero, nada - a big fat goose egg.

Loss holding at 5 lb. (But since I'd gained 5 on Provochol, I guess one could say I lost 10:p , but I won't, because I don't want to get lazy.:cool: )

I will weigh in next Wednesday like a good little Throw-downer.:D

Back