Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 11-16

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings!!! I hope that everyone is doing well and that whatever your weight loss plan of attack is that it is becoming a ?healthy? lifestyle change. I feel that I am moving in that direction and I feel better than I have in years!!!

I have been on so many diets over the years it is useless to try and count or name them. One thing they all had in common is that they were cast aside after reaching or not:eek: reaching my goal. There is no doubt that the common thread of failure was caused by denial in each and every case. I heard Denise Austin (fitness hottie;) ) say that if we eat right 80% of the time and include moderate exercise in our daily lives that most everyone will reach and maintain a healthy weight. The point of this rambling is that I am trying to be good to myself this time. Allowing treats and not beating my brains out when I do. This 80/20 makes for slow but steady weight loss which all the experts say is the way to go.

With the holidays right around the corner I think we would all do well to allow ourselves those treats that make the season. Total or constant denial always seems to lead to total wipe out (for me anyway). So lets try and be mindful of our mouth full and as Marguerite insist;) on reminding us ?KEEP MOVING?

The Man of Steel confesses that he is "skeered" of them scales, Cooker. He took his wife on a theater jaunt and ate out a lot, and then there was that big 66 birthday, at which family members just love to see SUPERBOB stuff his face with cake (even though the sugar is not good for him for Type 2 reasons). I am thinking about passing til next Wednesday, when we weigh in the day before Thanksgiving. But maybe I will muster the courage to get on the scales in the morning. :eek: Just happen to have a regular doc's checkup tomorrow, too, so I will be getting on his scales, too, and I don't suppose the nurse would put up with me weighing nekkid in order to minimize the poundage, so I am skeered of that, too. :p But if I don't muster some courage, Mary the Ref may be along to severely reprimand me. :eek:

We have to watch out for Superbob - he's starting to refer to himself in the 3rd person!!!:rolleyes: We don't want to have to do a maple syrup transfusion - that's always a last resort.:D

I'm also trying to decide if I should weigh in before Wednesday. Probably will.

Karlynn and SuperBob

Karlynn and SuperBob

Hold on now you two!!!:eek: If we start deciding when and when not we will weigh in we may begin to dilute the effectiveness of the Throw Down!!!!:eek: :eek: I think accountability is the key.:) I got on the scales this morning and am dreading tomorrow and the report I will have to post.:eek: But I will post on each weigh in day regardless.

Now I?m not fussing at you and I won?t go tattling to the referee but if you start slipping and cause me to slip and I have to buy bigger pants I?m sending you two the bill.:mad: Step up and weigh in.

Yoo-Hoo..:D I weighed this a.m. and am back to where I was 2 weeks ago..:D Finally loss those 2 lb I had gained back......It is easy to gain..but hard to lose.:eek: ..so, I hope we continue this downward loss.........Cold/windy here today..but I managed to get in a twirl around the block..Bonnie

I am already thinking ahead to tomorrow's weigh-in. That translates into "What shall I order tonight when we go out for dinner?"
Hmmmmmm . . .

I was down half a pound yesterday, up a pound today, so we'll see what
tomorrow brings.

Are we weighing next Wednesday? I'll be gone Thursday and Friday, then out of town the following Friday, so I might have to report on Wednesdays for two weeks.

And by the way, how do we know that's not a boy turkey, Cooker?:confused:
Maybe I love him for his beard (he must have shaven for this picture).;)

cooker said:
Hold on now you two!!!:eek: If we start deciding when and when not we will weigh in we may begin to dilute the effectiveness of the Throw Down!!!!:eek: :eek: I think accountability is the key.:) I got on the scales this morning and am dreading tomorrow and the report I will have to post.:eek: But I will post on each weigh in day regardless.

Now I?m not fussing at you and I won?t go tattling to the referee but if you start slipping and cause me to slip and I have to buy bigger pants I?m sending you two the bill.:mad: Step up and weigh in.

Let me see, wasn't it the banana-loving Lardmaster himself, who when confronted by The REF about the use of a banned substance -- namely, Prune Juice -- said something to the effect that the long arm of the law didn't reach to South Carolina? :rolleyes:

Mary said:
I am already thinking ahead to tomorrow's weigh-in. That translates into "What shall I order tonight when we go out for dinner?"
Hmmmmmm . . .

I was down half a pound yesterday, up a pound today, so we'll see what
tomorrow brings.

Are we weighing next Wednesday? I'll be gone Thursday and Friday, then out of town the following Friday, so I might have to report on Wednesdays for two weeks.

And by the way, how do we know that's not a boy turkey, Cooker?:confused:
Maybe I love him for his beard (he must have shaven for this picture).;)

We are suppose to weigh in tomorrow and again on Wednesday the 21st.

As for the other??.I ain?t never seen breast like that on a boy??..you take the beard?.I?ll stick with the breast:p

Granbonny said:
Yoo-Hoo..:D I weighed this a.m. and am back to where I was 2 weeks ago..:D Finally loss those 2 lb I had gained back......It is easy to gain..but hard to lose.:eek: ..so, I hope we continue this downward loss.........Cold/windy here today..but I managed to get in a twirl around the block..Bonnie

Good going, Bonnie!

SUPERBOB and SUPERDAWG SADIE just braved the cold wind to do a two-mile hike along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Found walnuts along the way and saw a white-tailed deer go skampering through the woods. Burned some of those cake calories, anyway. :) They say we may get snowshowers by morning.

RobHol said:
Let me see, wasn't it the banana-loving Lardmaster himself, who when confronted by The REF about the use of a banned substance -- namely, Prune Juice -- said something to the effect that the long arm of the law didn't reach to South Carolina? :rolleyes:

Lardmaster, Lardmaster!!!!:eek: I resemble that remark!! :D That?s right I said it and if you recall the ref said otherwise??And I am surprised that the ref has not weighed in with a ruling on this??.could it be that we get a bit testy when the old scales edge upward due to over indulgence?????:rolleyes: :p Step up on them scales!!!!:) And I think you should try the nekked weigh in at the doctor?.they should want a true reading:D

cooker said:

Lardmaster, Lardmaster!!!!:eek: I resemble that remark!! :D That?s right I said it and if you recall the ref said otherwise??And I am surprised that the ref has not weighed in with a ruling on this??.could it be that we get a bit testy when the old scales edge upward due to over indulgence?????:rolleyes: :p Step up on them scales!!!!:) And I think you should try the nekked weigh in at the doctor?.they should want a true reading:D

Below, from Cooker's Throw-Down, Sept. 28, 2007: A "Special Occasions" Mulligan was awarded to Deb.

Question: A 66th birthday is not a Special Occasion? Or are mulligans awarded selectively -- i.e., only to folks prettier than Superbob? :D :D :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debster
I wish I would have split them with you and then maybe I wouldn't be afraid of the scales on Friday Chocolate doughnuts and Canadian Bacon Pizza Hut pizza-my inlaws were in town and I pigged out!! Deb

Deb.....This falls under the "special occasions" category. You are awarded a mulligan

Thus spaketh Cooker {I have highlighted in red for emphasis} :D
AVR 2/21/06
Philippians 4:6-7

RobHol said:
Below, from Cooker's Throw-Down, Sept. 28, 2007: A "Special Occasions" Mulligan was awarded to Deb.

Question: A 66th birthday is not a Special Occasion? Or are mulligans awarded selectively -- i.e., only to folks prettier than Superbob? :D :D :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debster
I wish I would have split them with you and then maybe I wouldn't be afraid of the scales on Friday Chocolate doughnuts and Canadian Bacon Pizza Hut pizza-my inlaws were in town and I pigged out!! Deb

Deb.....This falls under the "special occasions" category. You are awarded a mulligan

Thus spaketh Cooker {I have highlighted in red for emphasis} :D
AVR 2/21/06
Philippians 4:6-7

It is obvious that you have isolated one of the two soft spots that I have??.KrispyKreme?s and a pretty face.;) Never let it be said that the Lardmaster is anything but about fair play. I therefore award you a Mulligan for this occasion and any other that you feel is justified.:D

This award comes with the stern warning: ?The Use Of A Mulligan May Be Hazardous To Your BMI. Continued Use May Cause Fabage To Develop On Various Locations Of The Body.":p

dj/utvolsfan said:
You guys crack me up!!!!! Keep movin' and hand out mulligans as needed. That's what I say!!!!
(superbob....sophiedawg says hello to sadiedawg!)
Deb:)

Thanks for the thought but I am afraid you have no Mulligan granting authority.....or could this be a ploy to keep us chubby to more so emphasize your sleek frame;) :p ;) ???

Deb!

Where you been, gal! Vols are on a roll --win two more and they'll be in SEC championship game! Hope teaching and everything with health and family is going well. (Ohmygosh, just looked out the window -- and IT IS SNOWING! (In West (By God) Virginia, too???)

Just giving ol' Cooker a hard time: I will climb on those durn scales tomorrow. SUPERBOB can do no less. :D However, weighing nekkid on the nurse's scale later in the day may be going a little too far. :D :D :D

Hello to Sophiedawg from Sadiedawg!

Bob

Bob

I think you should get a pass tomorrow for doing a 2 mile hike today..in this cold wind..:eek: .Even my Kallie didn't want to go out..Curled up in his blanket now.....:D I know we all are going to be tempted to eat a lot in the next few weeks.( Holidays/family, ect.)..:( ...bad thing..no breaks in between to fast.:p )..so what dieters eat in next few weeks will probably stick to you..:p ......Bonnie

I weigh on MONDAYS - MONDAYS DO YOU HEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

And if I recall, we all were given the opportunity of a mulligan and I haven't taken mine yet!!!!!!! Even with the issue of a medication causing me to gain weight! So put a halo on my head and call me a little angel. :D

(It feels so good to buck authority every now and then!:p )

I will do whatever your Ape-ness wants. If you want me to weigh in tomorrow, I'll weigh-in tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Karlynn said:
I weigh on MONDAYS - MONDAYS DO YOU HEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

And if I recall, we all were given the opportunity of a mulligan and I haven't taken mine yet!!!!!!! Even with the issue of a medication causing me to gain weight! So put a halo on my head and call me a little angel. :D

(It feels so good to buck authority every now and then!:p )

I will do whatever your Ape-ness wants. If you want me to weigh in tomorrow, I'll weigh-in tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I Give Up!!! We all can weigh when we want;) I have instructed my Executive Assistant to mail each of you a "Holiday Gift Pack" containing 25 mulligans and a pair of 2X sweats:D :p :D

cooker said:
I Give Up!!! We all can weigh when we want;) I have instructed my Executive Assistant to mail each of you a "Holiday Gift Pack" containing 25 mulligans and a pair of 2X sweats:D :p :D

Could you include a box of Krispie Kreme's with that??????

I'm going to see Paula Deen on Saturday. Did you know she has a bread pudding recipe made with Krispie Kremes???????? (I gained 5 pounds just typing that!)

And I'm gonna be really mean and say I don't think we should be allowed mulligan usage for the week after the TG holiday. This will help us to stay a bit more focused. Enjoy those treats. Certainly don't try to lose. I'm going into the holiday with my focus on maintaining. No pig outs - no mile high mashed potatoes. I'm going to try the spoonful-of-everything approach and see how that works.

Latest posts

Back